Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I have noticed market sellers do not keep their mature cheese in the fridge, should I keep mine in the fridge or will it affect the taste?

Definitely not.

I'm fond of ripe French cheeses like Brie and Camembert and putting them in the fridge ruins them, imo.

Edited by Buce

I have noticed market sellers do not keep their mature cheese in the fridge, should I keep mine in the fridge or will it affect the taste? 

Definitely not.

I'm fond of ripe French cheeses like Brie and Camembert and putting them in the fridge ruins them, imo.

In an ideal world, you'd keep your quality cheeses out but under a net.

Room temperature allows the tasty bacteria to grow, whereas refrigeration halts (or slows down) the process. I think.

Definitely not.

I can see why likes of cheddar should not be put in the fridge but with the examples you gave- they can give you stomach pains if they are stored incorrectly so fridge would be a safer bet?

In an ideal world, you'd keep your quality cheeses out but under a net.

Room temperature allows the tasty bacteria to grow, whereas refrigeration halts (or slows down) the process. I think.

So you would keep yours in a cupboard or something? 

I can see why likes of cheddar should not be put in the fridge but with the examples you gave- they can give you stomach pains if they are stored incorrectly so fridge would be a safer bet?

So you would keep yours in a cupboard or something? 

I don't get any choice where anything's kept in my house - I'm married.

My Stilton gets stuffed into Tupperware to seal in the smell.

I've never heard of that, though I believe pregnant women are told to avoid them.

I've never stored them in the fridge, and I've never had any kind of stomach upset.

A quick google shows that hard cheeses like cheddar (your original query) do not need to refridgerated, but doing so keeps it fresh longer.

It also appears that I should be dead! lol I guess I must have a strong immune system.

Edited by Buce

Anybody ever replaced the rear fog light? Is it doable or need to go garage?

Basically I've just reversed (slowly) into a pillar and my right one has smashed - the bulb hasn't smashed it's just part of the cover. Dunno if it'll be expensive, it's just the cover!?

3587_2.JPG

Basically I've just reversed (slowly) into a pillar and my right one has smashed - the bulb hasn't smashed it's just part of the cover. Dunno if it'll be expensive, it's just the cover!?

3587_2.JPG

You can put a red film across the broken lens, it's legal. Halfords sell it.

• Like 1

3587_2.JPG

The Haynes manual that will tell you how to take it apart will probably cost more than the part itself, unless you buy the part from a Vauxhall dealer.

Is this it?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-CORSA-C-00-03-REAR-FOG-LAMP-LIGHT-LENS-PASSENGER-SIDE-LHS-NEW-/170893053276

You can put a red film across the broken lens, it's legal. Halfords sell it.

Ah right, yeah only £3 too, might have to buy that as a temporary solution cheers.

The Haynes manual that will tell you how to take it apart will probably cost more than the part itself, unless you buy the part from a Vauxhall dealer.

Is this it?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-CORSA-C-00-03-REAR-FOG-LAMP-LIGHT-LENS-PASSENGER-SIDE-LHS-NEW-/170893053276

Yeah that's it - just the wrong side as I did the right one - but near enough same and under £10 which is decent.

A more likely explanation is that the term originated as an abbreviation of orl korrekt , a jokey misspelling of 'all correct' which was current in the US in the 1830s. The oldest written references result from its use as a slogan by the Democratic party during the American Presidential election of 1840.

Edited by theessexfox