Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Electrician help please.

I have a basement with 8 lights in it.

They are either all on or all off.

The light sockets are not switchable and are wired in parallel with 2 way wire connecting the sockets

There are two 3 way switches at either end of the stairs which are wired with three way wire between them

Can anyone advise me on the easiest way of switching off half of the lights please?

I want to build a closed in workshop but only want to light that section.

Edited by Smudge

Electrician help please.

I have a basement with 8 lights in it.

They are either all on or all off.

The light sockets are not switchable and are wired in parallel with 2 way wire connecting the sockets

There are two 3 way switches at either end of the stairs which are wired with three way wire between them

Can anyone advise me on the easiest way of switching off half of the lights please?

I want to build a closed in workshop but only want to light that section.

Take the bulbs out? :P

Not an electrician but can't you just remove the light sockets you don't need from the circuit? Since they're in parallel it shouldn't break anything.

Take the bulbs out? :P

Not an electrician but can't you just remove the light sockets you don't need from the circuit? Since they're in parallel it shouldn't break anything.

Thanks for the input Potter but we need to see in the rest of the basement as we have a lot of storage down there.

In fact I have figured it out now. By splitting the circuit and putting in 2 new 3 way switches, I can easily get 'er done.

Thanks for the input Potter but we need to see in the rest of the basement as we have a lot of storage down there.

In fact I have figured it out now. By splitting the circuit and putting in 2 new 3 way switches, I can easily get 'er done.

Ah right sorry, the way you phrased it made it sound like you didn't need the other lights. But yeah, sounds good.

Edited by potter3

What's the difference between skinny and tapered fit jeans?

Tapered is when the leg opening is smaller. I tend to think of it as something you have done to jeans as opposed to an actual fit. I have all my jeans tapered to reduce dye running onto my trainers

Tapered is when the leg opening is smaller. I tend to think of it as something you have done to jeans as opposed to an actual fit. I have all my jeans tapered to reduce dye running onto my trainers

So the end bit at the ankle is tighter?

Wellgosh did my nudies for free what a shop

There's nothing wrong with boot cut or cords! I've always wore them and always will!

For you fashionistas, give it a few years and they'll be back! But an individual style that suits you is always better than what topshop tells you to wear!

Is Norwich based in some sort of parallel universe weather wise to the rest of the UK?

It always seem to be sunny there when Norwich are playing at home.

Norfolk is one of the driest, if not the driest place in the UK.