Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I start my new job on the 31st, it's my first full time job so it's the first time I've really had to deal with booking holiday off etc. It says in my contract that I need to arrange holiday at least 4 weeks before, but from when I start I need to book half a day about two weeks in to working there and then I need to book a few days off in July as well.

Has anyone had any expeirence of companies being funny about booking time off so soon in to starting a new job? Should I just let them know on my first day and ask about it then, or should I email somebody there now and explain to them that I need to book some time off after I start?

I don't want to look like a dick asking for days off after starting so soon but it's stuff I've had planned for months and two days in July will be for my graduation so I'm just hoping they understand. 

In my experience, a new employee has to serve some kind of probationary period where their attendance is taken into account. If this is the case with you then I would explain what the time off is needed for. It's not like you're having a fortnight off to piss away in Malaga.

You might be able to negotiate unpaid leave. Contact the HR person or your line manager before your first day and ask them what would be best to do.

Edited by Parafox

In my experience, a new employee has to serve some kind of probationary period where their attendance is taken into account. If this is the case with you then I would explain what the time off is needed for. It's not like you're having a fortnight off to piss away in Malaga.

You might be able to negotiate unpaid leave. Contact the HR person or your line manager before your first day and ask them what would be best to do.

Cheers for that, will do.

I thought about it today and the time off in July is well within the 4 weeks booking/sorting out time, so there's no problem there. So really all I'm asking for is half a day on a Friday (when from what I've heard is usually given as an early finish in the office anyway). I'll contact them today and I'll see what they say.

Of course. Footballers regularly get injured in the warm ups.

Hmm, they always seem like minor injuries and just miss that match they were warming up for, not usually seriously like tearing a muscle. Unless they just warm up wrong lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hmm, they always seem like minor injuries and just miss that match they were warming up for, not usually seriously like tearing a muscle. Unless they just warm up wrong lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think it's usually precautionary. Us normos are generally less flexible and shit though so people pull hamstrings picking stuff off the floor. So I'd say yeah, easily done playing a bit of 5 a side.

How many different football clubs have been champions of England?

EDIT: For anyone interested they are

Preston

Aston Villa

Sheffield Wednesday

Sheffield United

Arsenal

Blackburn

Burnley

Manchester United

Manchester City

Liverpool

Leeds

Everton

Ipswich

Tottenham Hotspurs

Newcastle United

Sunderland

Nottingham Forest

Huddersfield town

Derby county

Wolves

Chelsea

Portsmouth

West Brom

And Leicester City :D

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

My phone (sony xperia) is not charging. Charger works on other phones. Why.

Either the battery is buggered or there is a bad connection, probably at the point of the charger input on the phone. This happened to a Nokia Lumia I had a while ago - it would recognise it was being charged but the battery depletion rate was faster than the rate of recharge

• Like 1

Either the battery is buggered or there is a bad connection, probably at the point of the charger input on the phone. This happened to a Nokia Lumia I had a while ago - it would recognise it was being charged but the battery depletion rate was faster than the rate of recharge

I think it's the connection at the input on the phone. Is it easily fixable?

I'm terrible at fixing things but you can get phone tools for dirt cheap, could try taking it to pieces and see if it's something obvious like a bit of damaged soldering? 

lol I meant could someone else fix it. I know nothing about such things. There's a chap down my street who apparently is good with such stuff, could try him.

My phone (sony xperia) is not charging. Charger works on other phones. Why.

I think it's the connection at the input on the phone. Is it easily fixable?

lol I meant could someone else fix it. I know nothing about such things. There's a chap down my street who apparently is good with such stuff, could try him.

Seems to be charging now. Weird. Probably not helped by the odd electrics in my apartment.

Tune in to the next exciting episode of: Is Bovril's phone charging? lol

• Like 3

Update. Not charging again. Might turn it off and on again.

Will keep you posted Izzy.

Good luck dude. Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time lol

• Like 1

There is someone who plays at the bookmaker? Is approaching Euro 2016, so I wanted to invest a little bit. Do you have any experience with pay tips? eg Betadvisor or Omnibet.co.uk? Is using Skrill is safe? I would be grateful for any tips.

Any physios or related on here?

Basically, I've had a shoulder problem for a weeks now; my right shoulder feels stiff when I'm driving, sitting down or when standing and not moving.

It's an uncomfortable feeling and came out of the blue. Would try to avoid seeing physio as some can charge high fees and not be much help from what I've heard.