Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I read an article suggesting that exams are moved away from Ramadan as it apparently results in them performing worse. You might as well ban all Muslim pilots and doctors as if they aren't able to complete an exam, they clearly aren't able to undertake highly skilled tasks during Ramadan. But I presume my suggestion would be deemed 'racist' by most of the liberals around today.

Just cos you lost your dinosaur no need to go picking on Muslims

Ok ebay question.. First time seller so apparently it can take 21 days to recieve my payment which is currently pending in paypal. Apparently it will be paid 3 days past delivery date if I provide tracking, but i said i would post it second class royal mail without tracking. I've already marked it as shipped as i was going to do it this lunchtime, if I posted it first class signed for would it show up on ebay and make me recieve payment quicker or would it just take it as me having posted it second class and not change estimated delivery date ?

Don't all Faiths have some form of fasting? It might be some sort of sacrifice to their god.

I remember years ago an ex neighbour used to man the radio of a taxi firm and she said she was disgusted at some drivers spitting in the street rather than swallow saliva during Ramadan. Although I did not always agree with her views on foreigners I agree with her on this. The incidents were from her perspective though so could have been exaggerated.

Is fasting any different to the once a year Children in Need when people who spend thousands on cars holidays and extravagance goods donate £5 to help a child in Africa?

Nope, Sikhs do not have any kind of fasting!!  Or sacrifice to god!

Ok ebay question.. First time seller so apparently it can take 21 days to recieve my payment which is currently pending in paypal. Apparently it will be paid 3 days past delivery date if I provide tracking, but i said i would post it second class royal mail without tracking. I've already marked it as shipped as i was going to do it this lunchtime, if I posted it first class signed for would it show up on ebay and make me recieve payment quicker or would it just take it as me having posted it second class and not change estimated delivery date ?

Disregard this, get my money in a few days now i posted with tracking

Which will come first on foxestalk? 4 million posts or 20,000 members?

Would bet for the former, it'll be accomplished next Wednesday/Thursday.

For the latter; some/quite a few members on here obviously are made-up accounts via already-registered members, or those that have never posted - so don't know whether reaching 20,000 would be viable?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Which will come first on foxestalk? 4 million posts or 20,000 members?

deffo members. 170 new members or 170 thousand more posts? we'll have 170 arsenal fans signing up before the weekend if they don't announce vardy soon. 

What prize does the 4,000,000th poster receive?

Edit: I think the fasting thing is more to do with health reasons. It's good for your insides and pipes and whatnot somehow, like a detox. Same with the positions they put their bodies in during prayer, those are good exercises for something or other. It's all about keeping the true followers alive longer and staying strong health-wise in my opinion.

Edited by BoneDog

Got a question for any document IT wizard.

Basically, I'm writing up some email draft documents (Gmail).

But, whenever I try to amend some words, what I type - some words after it get deleted in the process; but can type with ease on here currently rather strangely.

Don't have a clue what it is, but I noticed that when I press the mouse button to where I want a word added - the blue (highlighter) is bigger than normal.

So it deletes words when I type.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Got a question for any document IT wizard.

Basically, I'm writing up some email draft documents (Gmail).

But, whenever I try to amend some words, what I type - some words after it get deleted in the process; but can type with ease on here currently rather strangely.

Don't have a clue what it is, but I noticed that when I press the mouse button to where I want a word added - the blue (highlighter) is bigger than normal.

So it deletes words when I type.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

try pressing the 'insert' button on your keyboard when you're back on GMail

• Like 1

What is the emoji for irony ?

Plus while I'm asking; ambivalence and sarcasm.

And what do I use if I'm being ambivalent to a sarcastic post about irony.

Doesn't matter, Just seen the many faces of Andy King thread.

Edited by Great Boos Up

Can anyone recommend a good flat property cleaning company, for a general deep clean?

But not Hands Cleaners as they stole bank cards from Stepfather's business office and caught red-handed via CCTV days after at cashpoint.

The Saudis, for reasons that are unimportant to this question, are threatening to sell $750 bn of US Treasury Bonds.

What are they, and why would that be a problem for the Yanks?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36495730

Treasury Bonds are a way a government raises money (and public debt). A huge sale of these assets would cause price fluctuations to the detriment of the US government.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...