Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

It's more simple that that. It's 1st year thermodynamics coursework.

ah well, mind sort of working again - I'm still right about people being unable to understand maths - you're not trying to find £100 quid anymore because you've paid part of that back.

The more important question is - Who pays that much for a shirt?

Messed with my head for a while. Couldn't understand how simple maths was failing me..

However, you have £100 pounds of debt. You pay off £1 to your mum, £1 to your dad, thats £98 pounds of debt left. £1 is accounted for from the £1 you kept, and the other £97 is the cost of the shirt. I think the mind**** is that the £49 represents debt, not positive money. The "plus you pound = £99" is the trickery, as you're supposed to subtract a pound from that, not add one.

That was much more difficult then it should have been...

Edited by Charl91

Al's right about the 50p being owed to each parent. Nothing's gone missing, but you've taken a quid you don't intend to pay back. That quid has come out of the £100 you've borrowed, so you can only pay your parents £49.50 back each. You've paid £2 back (1 each) so that leaves you needing to ... OH I CAN'T BE ARSED THIS IS STUPID

Al's right about the 50p being owed to each parent. Nothing's gone missing, but you've taken a quid you don't intend to pay back. That quid has come out of the £100 you've borrowed, so you can only pay your parents £49.50 back each. You've paid £2 back (1 each) so that leaves you needing to ... OH I CAN'T BE ARSED THIS IS STUPID

It's simple really.

It all makes sense until the final question, which conflicts what you have and what you owe just to cause confusion.

You end up borrowing £100, spending £97, paying back £2 and have £1 left (97+2+1=100) - which accounts for all of the money.

PS. This reminds me of one of those confidence trickster scams.

Edited by BornBlue

I've lost my vehicle registration certificate - however not the part which allows you to transfer the vehicle to someone else if you decide to sell it.

What do I need the certificate for? In what scenarios would I need to produce it.

Its £20 for a replacement and i'm being a tight git.

New question: Am I old for remembering watching SuperTed on VHS as a kid?

I remember watching Super Ted :D And Shoe people, Poddington Peas, James the cat and lots of other awesome programs. I had them on VHS too

None of them beat Street Sharks or Biker Mice from Mars though

Edited by Charl91

hmmm, probably oblivion by Mastodon.

One of the few songs I know the exact lyrics to.

What are the other songs?

I`d be too scared to sing so i`d just do the "da da da da da da daa" in the birdy song with all the actions.

No idea what you're on about!

Your Song by Elton John. I'd probably move them to tears with my emotive performance

lol