Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Probably the answer has already been given during the last 42 pages of which I've read two but the question that appears in my mind all to often is:

Why?

Probably the answer has already been given during the last 42 pages of which I've read two but the question that appears in my mind all to often is:

Why?

You are obviously not a parent because when you become one you are given secret information which leads you to be able to reply:

Because I said so!

You are obviously not a parent because when you become one you are given secret information which leads you to be able to reply:

lol

I am a parent but one of those hippy, cool, enlightened, new fangled idiots who try to answer or research the correctresponse.

Idiotic - I know.

lol

I am a parent but one of those hippy, cool, enlightened, new fangled idiots who try to answer or research the correctresponse.

Idiotic - I know.

Pah. Whip them and keep them from the things they love.

"While you're in my house you'll abide by my rules"

and

"I'll strop off and slam my door and stick my music on loud you in a minute, young lady!"

Does anyone know of anything that calm the nerves? (Other than diazepam... they don't help me much)

I have a major fear of flying and I'm only a few months away from the flight home. When on the flight to England, I was sick the whole way... always because I'm on the boarder of a panic attack.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :thumbup:

'Don't fly' Just to get that suggestion out the way.

MDMA will ease your nerves and make it the best flight of your life.

Does anyone know of anything that calm the nerves? (Other than diazepam... they don't help me much)

I have a major fear of flying and I'm only a few months away from the flight home. When on the flight to England, I was sick the whole way... always because I'm on the boarder of a panic attack.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :thumbup:

'Don't fly' Just to get that suggestion out the way.

Can I ask, what exactly are you scared of? Is it the height, the security threat, the safety of the plane, the fact its unnatural? Just curious

No control.

If my car breaks down, I just get out but if the plane has a problem... well then its game over :(

Fair comment, I work/interested in the industry and know the ins and outs but I sometimes get worked up over flying. I even have flying lessons. It doesnt matter how many stats and facts you know it just sometimes doesnylt help

No control.

If my car breaks down, I just get out but if the plane has a problem... well then its game over

Not true at all.

It's highly unlikely that your plane will develop a serious problem like the engines bursting into flame or a wing dropping off...but it's far from 'game over' if the worst happens.

You will get to spend at least 90-180 seconds finding out 'who can scream the loudest' as you plummet to earth at a terminal velocity before being transformed into organic pulp.

Silver linings.

:)

I used to hate flying until (ironically) I went to Australia and the length of that flight just absolutely made it so boring I was past caring whether I died or not.

The way I like to look at it is in the miniscule chance of something going wrong you'll either be incinerated or even more miniscule you'll survive and you'll probably end up in a situation where you get to eat another human being to survive (unless you're easily overpowered) and that doesn't happen everyday.

Thank you both for that overwhelming reassuring advice :blink:

I did say miniscule.

Seriously though, it is a miniscule chance compared with other popular forms of transport. The first flight I took over to Australia I was really nervous but on the way back I was completely not fussed about it because it was too exhausting to get worked up about and be bored at the same time. I've had flying lessons since, that's how much those flights helped me. Where's your transfer flight? Mine was Singapore, I had a few drinks there that also helped.

Edited by 21st Century Fox

I did say miniscule.

Seriously though, it is a miniscule chance compared with other popular forms of transport. The first flight I took over to Australia I was really nervous but on the way back I was completely not fussed about it because it was too exhausting to get worked up about and be bored at the same time. I've had flying lessons since, that's how much those flights helped me. Where's your transfer flight? Mine was Singapore, I had a few drinks there that also helped.

Dubai.

Can't beat 40c heat at 4am.

Plus, if you survive the crash (unlikely I know but just roll with it)...you've feasted on the toasted remains of Carole from Queensland (avoid the breast, I had cow udder once and it's bloody disgusting) - now's the time to sit back and take in the surroundings of a place you'd never otherwise have visited. Brilliant, eh?!

A place off the flightpath, full of dangerous creatures and needing you to use those shelter-building skills you haven't quite yet honed.

Just think how exciting your day2day fight for survival will be. It will be just like that film with Tom Hanks only a fvck sight more dangerous.

Of course I'm only just messing :D This will never happen to you - you'll plummet into the sea and spend your days rapidly dehydrating, hallucinating and having limbs ripped off by sharks.

Plus, if you survive the crash (unlikely I know but just roll with it)...you've feasted on the toasted remains of Carole from Queensland (avoid the breast, I had cow udder once and it's bloody disgusting) - now's the time to sit back and take in the surroundings of a place you'd never otherwise have visited. Brilliant, eh?!

A place off the flightpath, full of dangerous creatures and needing you to use those shelter-building skills you haven't quite yet honed.

Just think how exciting your day2day fight for survival will be. It will be just like that film with Tom Hanks only a fvck sight more dangerous.

Of course I'm only just messing :D This will never happen to you - you'll plummet into the sea and spend your days rapidly dehydrating, hallucinating and having limbs ripped off by sharks.

GO TO BED! :@

Its safer than crossing the road.....

Go directly to 31.20 to have your fears alleviated :)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1969866

Pilot 1...I really hope we dont crash

p 2.....Me to

P1 .... but they say its safer than crossing the road.

P2... yes :) ... but we have to do that too :o

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1