Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

do you really have plastic bank notes in oz now?

it was a question on "the chase" last night

yup... brilliant, they can get washed time and time again and still good :thumbup:

edit

I miss the chase

edit 2

not as much as i miss rachel on countdown :P ...speaking of which, and... you will laugh... we now have an OZ version of countdown, guess what its called... go on, guess..

Its called.... lol Letters and Numbers lol

Mind you... Rachels clone is Lilly and she can work my sums out anytime.

Edited by ozleicester

What's the ozzie version of Numberwang ?

There's no need to get personal

Somebody told me that the plastic money was so you can go surfing and not worry about leaving your money on the beach. Got a feeling that might have been a wind up....need confirmation from a real Aussie

There's no need to get personal

Somebody told me that the plastic money was so you can go surfing and not worry about leaving your money on the beach. Got a feeling that might have been a wind up....need confirmation from a real Aussie

The cocaine doesnt stick to it

What's the ozzie version of Numberwang ?

Still awaiting closure on my bed bug question. Even if your mattress is as filthy as Bernie's jock strap, how do bugs get in there???

From Wikipedia:

Dwellings can become infested with bed bugs in a variety of ways, such as:

* Bugs and eggs inadvertently brought in from other infested dwellings by visiting pets,[37] or a visiting person's clothing or luggage.

* Infested items (such as furniture, clothing or backpacks) brought in.

* Nearby dwellings or infested items, if there are easy routes that the bugs may travel (through duct work or false ceilings).

* Wild animals (such as bats or birds)[38][39] that may also harbor bed bugs or related species such as the bat bug.

* People or pets visiting an infested areas (apartment, subway, movie theater, or hotel) and carrying the bugs to another area on their clothing, luggage, or body.

How difficult is it to bleed a radiator (for a dumb, blond, female!)? >_<

Am I going to cause a flood? What's the likelihood of me getting black, manky water all over the paintwork? Any tips?

Am I going to cause a flood? What's the likelihood of me getting black, manky water all over the paintwork? Any tips?

Put the key on the thing and turn it gently until it starts to let air out,keeping the key in place, when water comes out tighten it up again. With your other hand hold a towel behind the radiator.

Put the key on the thing and turn it gently until it starts to let air out,keeping the key in place, when water comes out tighten it up again. With your other hand hold a towel behind the radiator.

Well that sounds easy enough. :unsure:

Well that sounds easy enough. :unsure:

And if you're on a pressurised system the system will need topping up via the filling loop.

you'll be on a pressurised system;

if you have a combi boiler which is relatively new (10 years old or less)

have an unvented cylinder

There are other pressurised systems too. those are the most common

The gauge should read about 1 bar when the system is cold

Edited by lcfcstu

Step 1

look helpless

Step 2

ask a man to do it

:thumbup:

From Wikipedia:

Dwellings can become infested with bed bugs in a variety of ways, such as:

* Bugs and eggs inadvertently brought in from other infested dwellings by visiting pets,[37] or a visiting person's clothing or luggage.

* Infested items (such as furniture, clothing or backpacks) brought in.

* Nearby dwellings or infested items, if there are easy routes that the bugs may travel (through duct work or false ceilings).

* Wild animals (such as bats or birds)[38][39] that may also harbor bed bugs or related species such as the bat bug.

* People or pets visiting an infested areas (apartment, subway, movie theater, or hotel) and carrying the bugs to another area on their clothing, luggage, or body.

thanks for your reply however, excluding all these methods of bed bug depositing, where do the bugs come from? (how/when are they born)

Does anybody know what this image is? Or what building it is on? I saved it a couple of years back and what to find out something about it.

snc7kx.png

not sure if something like this this might help

http://free-picture-...ic.com/download

best ask someone who knows a bit about this sort of stuff first before you download though