Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Does anybody know what this image is? Or what building it is on? I saved it a couple of years back and what to find out something about it.

snc7kx.png

I couldn't find anything on tineye.com (Reverse image search engine, you put a picture on there and it will find similar images on the net).

Maybe try an archaeology forum.

Anyone know how to connect to a PC via phone. I have a wireless enabled phone but when I turn the Wi Fi on the phone it finds the PC but it comes up with authencation failed. I have set up OK on my other laptops but I forget how. On the Wi-Fi list it looks as if its locked. Tried turning the firewall off. I dont want to muck things up by changing settings. I don't really need to connect. I have been given free access on my phone but the connection is crap sometimes. Must add I have trouble connecting to other WI-Fi hotspots.

Phone is a Virgin Samsung.

Ok, so I've seen a job advertised that I want... really want. I've visited and discussed the role and they seemed really keen too and have encouraged me to apply. All sounds great.

All I need to do is apply. And therein lies the problem. I simply can't find the motivation to fill in the bloody application, and my brain's turned to mush, I just can't seem to figure out what to say - and normally I can churn out job applications without so much as batting an eyelid. :/ It's not helped by the closing date not being for a couple of weeks yet - and I'm rubbish unless I'm up against a very tight deadline.

I think, in a very odd kinda way, I'm putting off applying because, if I don't apply, then I can't be disappointed by my application being rejected. But that really makes no sense because if I don't even apply then obviously I'd stand no chance of getting it. But then perhaps that option would just be easier in some ways because it would be less 'personal'. :dunno:

Is this weird? Am I finally losing the plot? :unsure:

I will apply, of course, it's just this one is like pulling teeth. *sighs*

Ok, so I've seen a job advertised that I want... really want. I've visited and discussed the role and they seemed really keen too and have encouraged me to apply. All sounds great.

All I need to do is apply. And therein lies the problem. I simply can't find the motivation to fill in the bloody application, and my brain's turned to mush, I just can't seem to figure out what to say - and normally I can churn out job applications without so much as batting an eyelid. :/ It's not helped by the closing date not being for a couple of weeks yet - and I'm rubbish unless I'm up against a very tight deadline.

I think, in a very odd kinda way, I'm putting off applying because, if I don't apply, then I can't be disappointed by my application being rejected. But that really makes no sense because if I don't even apply then obviously I'd stand no chance of getting it. But then perhaps that option would just be easier in some ways because it would be less 'personal'. :dunno:

I totally understand this, I really can't work unless I'm up against it or have somebody depending on me.

To help I do the following...

Make an appointment with yourself when you have a quiet time of the day/week. Write it in your diary or set a reminder in your phone. Get rid of all distractions - all you need is a hour tops!

Good luck!

I'm a goddamn, Olympic professional at putting things off and procrastinating.

It's 100% normal and I've been there a thousand times before.

If I've got something like this to do and I've got a couple of weeks to do it, I keep a notebook around me somewhere and when I find a pithy sentence or phrase comes into my head I stick it down. Eventually I'd got the meat of a good essay/application/anything else and I just need to work it into something coherent.

I always find I have times where I'm really psyched about something like this and then times where I'll literally take any sign as a reason not to do it, so you have to really capitalise on the psyched moments and it eventually snowballs to a point where I've done enough for it to be a point where it'd be more effort for me to not follow it though.

I definitely know what you mean about not attempting something so you can't be let down by it.

Edited by 21st Century Fox

Sounds to me like you`re not too sure about it. You say that you want it, but is that really the case? are you just afraid of change?

Changing jobs can be stressful, make sure its right for you and try to leave money out of it.

not ITV? They have shown all the other rounds.

Edit. Just looked it is on ITV 15.15. Thought the kick off wasn't until about 5. Watching snooker atm. Not bothered about all the natter and adverts.

Edited by Nightguard

• 2 weeks later...

The underside of my bicep hurts, it feels like it's been bruised but there is nothing there and I have done nothing that would be able to pull a muscle, anyone have any idea what it is?

Too much wanking. Use your other hand.

Ice the hurt one and you'll be back to double handers in no time at all.

The underside of my bicep hurts, it feels like it's been bruised but there is nothing there and I have done nothing that would be able to pull a muscle, anyone have any idea what it is?

by underside of your bicep , do you mean tricep ?

Botfly larva. It's gonna eat you from the inside out. Sorry bud.

Yep sorry

strange muscle pains often appear for no discernible reason ,

maybe you have been using a heavy hammer or spade a few days ago and it's just a reaction

don't worry unless it persists :)