Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

A bit of a weird one but just wondered if anyone has had anything similar or who knows the best course of action.

I got home to a letter from a Credit Style Ltd last night, in relation to an outstanding debt of £75 to Avro Energy (we switched away from them as our energy suppliers in July 2019). When we left Avro in 2019 our bills were paid up and we have genuinely not heard anything from them since, however the letter from them includes a copy of a letter from Avro that states the £75 was accumulated during the last 2 weeks of July 2019, which is the period we switched in. Avro Energy went out of business in September 2021 and Credit Style Ltd now say we owe them the money.

My questions are, why would we only have heard about an outstanding payment nearly 3 years later? Do I need to pay this 'Credit Style Ltd' the money now Avro has gone bust? 

On the letter it says if we do nothing we could be considered for a CCJ so I'm feeling the pressure to just pay it to get rid of it. The only way to get in touch with them is via telephone so I know if I call them to question it I'll most likely fold faster than a napkin and just pay it if I don't know where I stand.

24 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

A bit of a weird one but just wondered if anyone has had anything similar or who knows the best course of action.

I got home to a letter from a Credit Style Ltd last night, in relation to an outstanding debt of £75 to Avro Energy (we switched away from them as our energy suppliers in July 2019). When we left Avro in 2019 our bills were paid up and we have genuinely not heard anything from them since, however the letter from them includes a copy of a letter from Avro that states the £75 was accumulated during the last 2 weeks of July 2019, which is the period we switched in. Avro Energy went out of business in September 2021 and Credit Style Ltd now say we owe them the money.

My questions are, why would we only have heard about an outstanding payment nearly 3 years later? Do I need to pay this 'Credit Style Ltd' the money now Avro has gone bust? 

On the letter it says if we do nothing we could be considered for a CCJ so I'm feeling the pressure to just pay it to get rid of it. The only way to get in touch with them is via telephone so I know if I call them to question it I'll most likely fold faster than a napkin and just pay it if I don't know where I stand.

If this is the first you've been told about it, you can't be charged as it's over 12 months ago. I'd tell them that due to Ofgem's back billing rule, you aren't liable. 

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/check-energy-back-billing-rules

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

If this is the first you've been told about it, you can't be charged as it's over 12 months ago. I'd tell them that due to Ofgem's back billing rule, you aren't liable. 

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/check-energy-back-billing-rules

Perfect, thank you! There's even a template letter to use as well. I'll do this and send it back to the address of the debt company, hopefully that will sort it out.

How do I link a FT member in a quote or reference on something they've posted? I just do an @ before the posters tag but it never seems to highlight a direct link to them to notify them of my reaction/comment.

30 minutes ago, Parafox said:

How do I link a FT member in a quote or reference on something they've posted? I just do an @ before the posters tag but it never seems to highlight a direct link to them to notify them of my reaction/comment.

Like @The Bearsays, as you start typing after the @ you should see a list of users, just click on the name of the person you want to tag. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Apart from Andy King, is there another player who has won the top 3 divisions with 1 club?

There's a few for Ipswich back in the late 50's early 60's.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

Sky Q box not working properly, can't record or watch previous recordings or pause live TV.

I missed the PSV game as I work nights so always record evening kick offs.

Haven't tried sky for a technician yet as I bet it will take a few weeks.

Any fixes I can try myself?

Already tried the classic OFF/ ON 

and the 001 settings which doesn't work at all.

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Sky Q box not working properly, can't record or watch previous recordings or pause live TV.

I missed the PSV game as I work nights so always record evening kick offs.

Haven't tried sky for a technician yet as I bet it will take a few weeks.

Any fixes I can try myself?

Already tried the classic OFF/ ON 

and the 001 settings which doesn't work at all.

Pay your bill? :P

Only joking! 

It could be a problem with the hard drive.

You could try restoring to default settings, but I think that'll wipe all existing recordings.

Edited by tom27111

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Pay your bill? :P

Only joking! 

It could be a problem with the hard drive.

You could try restoring to default settings, but I think that'll wipe all existing recordings.

Yes, the onscreen prompt says there is a problem with the hard drive.

Think I'd best call sky and wait weeks for a technician and then try to get money back after paying for a service I can't use:thumbdown:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Yes, the onscreen prompt says there is a problem with the hard drive.

Think I'd best call sky and wait weeks for a technician and then try to get money back after paying for a service I can't use:thumbdown:

Try having a live chat with them on their website. They might be able to dial in and check status. 

From my experience, they're usually alright. Should just report it straight away really. I know it's frustrating to wait, but if there's no fix, you'd have to anyway.

If it's any consolation, you really didn't miss much in the PSV game lol

25 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Try having a live chat with them on their website. They might be able to dial in and check status. 

From my experience, they're usually alright. Should just report it straight away really. I know it's frustrating to wait, but if there's no fix, you'd have to anyway.

If it's any consolation, you really didn't miss much in the PSV game lol

Tell that to someone who didn't know the FT score, didn't record the game due to a technical glitch and stayed up to watch the highlights at 07:30AM:scarf:

• Sad 1

If there is a cost of living crisis and I know there is for so many how come house prices continue to rocket, normally you'd expect them to at least stagnate but they're going up in their 1000s every day?

21 minutes ago, davieG said:

If there is a cost of living crisis and I know there is for so many how come house prices continue to rocket, normally you'd expect them to at least stagnate but they're going up in their 1000s every day?

My eldest has recently bought a house.  From his experience I'd suggest that it is a supply and demand issue.  Lots of people now want to work from home so are getting rid of their flats in expensive cities and looking for a place with a garden.  Even though money is getting tighter there are still more buyers than sellers.  My son made offers on a small number of houses, on each occasion there was a bidding war beyond the asking price.  He eventually got a house at £24,000 over the asking price which to me felt ridiculous but when he moved in a couple of months later the estate agent told me that she'd just sold one slightly worse in the next street for £20,000 more than he paid.  I don't know where this is going to end.

• Like 1