Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

2 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

My eldest has recently bought a house.  From his experience I'd suggest that it is a supply and demand issue.  Lots of people now want to work from home so are getting rid of their flats in expensive cities and looking for a place with a garden.  Even though money is getting tighter there are still more buyers than sellers.  My son made offers on a small number of houses, on each occasion there was a bidding war beyond the asking price.  He eventually got a house at £24,000 over the asking price which to me felt ridiculous but when he moved in a couple of months later the estate agent told me that she'd just sold one slightly worse in the next street for £20,000 more than he paid.  I don't know where this is going to end.

It ends in a rental culture

• Like 1

Does anyone know anywhere to trade football stickers please? My nephew is trying to complete  the latest panini (i think its panini?) book and is struggling. Any facebooks groups or websites or anything?

Not bothered with this nonsense since I was a kid. No idea how to go about it now. :D

5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Does anyone know anywhere to trade football stickers please? My nephew is trying to complete  the latest panini (i think its panini?) book and is struggling. Any facebooks groups or websites or anything?

Not bothered with this nonsense since I was a kid. No idea how to go about it now. :D

How many does he need to complete, used to order mine online when I got down to needing the final 50.

The various swap meets should be detailed in the album shouldn't they or have they died out and now it really is all online???

On 18/04/2022 at 15:14, Innovindil said:

Gosh, that takes me back to the playground at school, me and my mates flicking through our spares:

Got. Got. Got. Not got. Got... :)

On 18/04/2022 at 15:14, Innovindil said:

e-bay mate.

My boy needed a few to complete his last book and we found e-bay the easiest place to buy/sell the last remaining few stickers.

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Gosh, that takes me back to the playground at school, me and my mates flicking through our spares:

Got. Got. Got. Not got. Got... :)

Back when it was easy eh. Can't remember ever struggling to fill a book when I was at school. 

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

e-bay mate.

My boy needed a few to complete his last book and we found e-bay the easiest place to buy/sell the last remaining few stickers.

Cheers I'll have a look. :thumbup:

On 18/04/2022 at 20:34, Royston. said:

How many does he need to complete, used to order mine online when I got down to needing the final 50.

The various swap meets should be detailed in the album shouldn't they or have they died out and now it really is all online???

No idea. It's my brother asking me to find a place. He's about as useful as a chocolate teapot. And my nephew has autism and gets nervous around people he doesn't know, that's why I'm trying to find somewhere online. 

Hopefully he doesn't need many and I can just buy the separate ones off ebay as suggested. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an awkward situation at work (or maybe just awkward in my head).

Moved teams last summer on secondment. 

Moved back at start of April. One of my colleagues on the team I left, who I also get on with outside of work, mentioned to me at the start of the month that my old manager was going to sort out a leaving present for me but due to illness/short-notice absence, he didn't get round to it. So my colleague said he'd sort it out.

Old manager is still off. Haven't heard anything from my colleague. Is it rude to ask?! My colleague even told me what they were going to get (rum, they know I love it). Should I ask? Wait longer? Not be so needy?!

For more context, another colleague who left at the same time as me got a hamper and some other smaller gifts from her team lol. Should I read into that more lol...

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Moved back at start of April. One of my colleagues on the team I left, who I also get on with outside of work, mentioned to me at the start of the month that my old manager was going to sort out a leaving present for me but due to illness/short-notice absence, he didn't get round to it. So my colleague said he'd sort it out.

Old manager is still off. Haven't heard anything from my colleague. Is it rude to ask?! My colleague even told me what they were going to get (rum, they know I love it). Should I ask? Wait longer? Not be so needy?!

For more context, another colleague who left at the same time as me got a hamper and some other smaller gifts from her team lol. Should I read into that more lol...

6ecsfl.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's a bit of a shitty situ if you don't get it but i would say it's better to be a bigger man and not ask. If it happens, it happens. If not, fook it you are on another team :)

I am too Canadian haha. I should probably apologize for this post. Sorry  eh!

Now i feel like having a rum and coke for old times sake. Will have one for ya!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Did a bit of woodwork today, which prompted me to ask my Mrs who's the most famous carpenter?

I expected her to say Jesus, but no, she said Karen.

I think it is Jesus.

Who's right? lol

I think she nailed it. 

• Haha 2

For economists.

If the oil producing countries are making such large profits why is the price so high? I know it's affected by supply and demand but why the need for such high prices producing massive profits?

I woke up at 4 this morning.

I had a thought going round in my head regarding animals laughing.

Do animals laugh? Apart from primates (I wasn't sure if they laughed or grimaced, tbh) I couldn't really think of any other animals that actually laugh. Hyenas don't count.

I knew that if I Googled it then that would be me awake, starting my day at 4am. So I didn't - but then went through lists of animals that may or may not actually laugh. And then I wondered how you might make an animal laugh to test if they do laugh or not. 

I thought about maybe trying to tickle them. 

Could you tickle a tiger safely, and how would you go about tickling, for example, an ant?   

Anyway, I didn't get back to sleep, and I still haven't Googled the answer. But I might before I go to bed this evening. 

12 hours ago, Milo said:

Do animals laugh? Apart from primates (I wasn't sure if they laughed or grimaced, tbh) I couldn't really think of any other animals that actually laugh. Hyenas don't count.

I knew that if I Googled it then that would be me awake, starting my day at 4am. So I didn't - but then went through lists of animals that may or may not actually laugh. And then I wondered how you might make an animal laugh to test if they do laugh or not. 

Could you tickle a tiger safely, and how would you go about tickling, for example, an ant?   

Anyway, I didn't get back to sleep, and I still haven't Googled the answer. But I might before I go to bed this evening. 

I don’t imagine ‘finding things funny’ is an emotion that most animals are capable of experiencing - except for maybe chimps, bonobos, etc. I’m sure most animals are capable of expressing feelings of joy or contentment, but I don’t imagine a rabbit, for example, has a sense of humour.

On 14/04/2022 at 09:35, davieG said:

If there is a cost of living crisis and I know there is for so many how come house prices continue to rocket, normally you'd expect them to at least stagnate but they're going up in their 1000s every day?

All of our lowest priced houses in the village are snapped up by landlords within days of hitting the market. It’s driven prices up and up. Almost all the homes near us used to be owner occupiers and we had a great atmosphere - now it is all renters and no one gives a toss. It’s like living on a rough estate on hot days with dogs yapping, loud shit music and drunken fights. I see police cars more often than when we lived in Erdington.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Milo said:

Mate, I tickle my cats paws because I know it pisses him off. They not a fan of it at all 😂 my hands and arms look like I've been fighting Edward Scissorhands!