Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

@SeCrEt FoX

Not sure there is a set website.

Just Google all the local clubs and find an email address. That's what I did when I was looking for my oldest son a few years back. A lot of no responses but took him to the couple that did respond and chose from there.

Edited by Rain King
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If you put a poster on ignore, I assume that means you also can't receive DM's from them too? (in addition to not seeing their posts)

Is that right?

You can choose to ignore those as well or not.

51 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If you put a poster on ignore, I assume that means you also can't receive DM's from them too? (in addition to not seeing their posts)

Is that right?

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Spill …. 

:matty:

Looks very much like a ‘no comment’ to me then Muzzet  ..  booooo !!!

But at least I know I’m not the ignoree ..  :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 19/06/2022 at 21:58, Samilktray said:

Is Lincoln city centre any good for a day trip/weekend away? Heard someone in my office going on about it but I trust the opinion of foxestalk more 

Yes if you like an interesting day out as opposed to a booze and action sort of thing ..  we enjoyed it ..  and a day should do it. 

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Is that right?

Yes, the only person I have on my ignore list is there purely to stop the abusive messages they were sending me, their posts I can take or leave. 

22 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Sorting a taxi journey to someone tomorrow and he's convinced the cost is not just on distance but how many passengers there is in the cab.

They'll be him and possibly one other and he thinks he'll pay twice as much.

Must admit it's yonks since I took a taxi but that's never been the case........ has it?

Surely its distance? 

On 24/05/2022 at 10:50, SeCrEt FoX said:

Question to our overseas posters, in your country, do they show British TV at all? Programmes, news or channels etc? And do the natives watch and enjoy it? I mean we obviously have US programmes and Australian but do you have your American friends go on about last nights episode of Eastenders etc? 

The PBS Channels show a good amount of UK programming including BBC News, Antiques Roadshow and The Great British Baking Show.

Britbox and Acorn streaming is available through Amazon with a plethora of old comedy and crime series.

I have never met an American who watches Coronation St or Eastenders but many rave about the period dramas like Downton Abbey, Brideshead revisited or anything concerning the Royal Family (not JIm and Barbara). 

A lot of British comedy isn't understandable because of the in-jokes and strong dialects.

Edited by Smudge
  • Thanks 1

Quite a random one, but does anyone know the years City's first team played Hinckley in pre season around 2005 onwards? 

It's been bugging me and I can only think of 2012 under Pearson when it was scorching weather. 

I've been trying to find the dates online but not had much luck and it's really frustrating me lol

4 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Quite a random one, but does anyone know the years City's first team played Hinckley in pre season around 2005 onwards? 

It's been bugging me and I can only think of 2012 under Pearson when it was scorching weather. 

I've been trying to find the dates online but not had much luck and it's really frustrating me lol

We played around 06-08 sometime as I was there. We ended up winning about 7-4

13 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Going Leicester Racecourse tomorrow.. anyone know what the prices are for pints there? I imagine it's quite expensive? 

Can't say with certainty but I was at Worcester races the other day, which isn't particularly different in size and scope, and it was £5 a pint.

I have been tasked to find a decent (and veggie friendly)  Sunday roast in Leicestershire that is close to M1 on the virtue of being a Leicester fan yet have not lived in the city for 16 years.

Any recommendations folks?

26 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I have been tasked to find a decent (and veggie friendly)  Sunday roast in Leicestershire that is close to M1 on the virtue of being a Leicester fan yet have not lived in the city for 16 years.

Yeah, don't take the veggies with you :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Blur said:

Plenty of nut roast in Chaps male only sauna on the Narborough Road 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Which parts of London are good to stay in if you’re going to the Alexandra Palace? Genuinely have no idea where it is and I need to sort an Airbnb 

London N22 postcode. Have a little look on their website. Will help you if arriving by train or car etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Question about Cashback on using debit or credit cards.

One of those things I should know more about than I do at my age but here we are...

Is it literally as simple as getting, say, a percentage of your card usage at certain retailers in cash (well, cash in the bank)? 

I manage my money quite well so struggling to figure out what the catch is as it seems like an easy win to get cash for doing nothing out of the ordinary. Is it data driven or something, like clubcards? Also, is it taxable income?