Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

8 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Cheers I do think I will get one, just need to decide if it’s worth getting the latest or just get the SE version.

Get the SE, it has better battery life & the only major difference is it won’t have the always on display. 

I’ve got the Nike SE watch and it’s a fantastic bit of kit, I would suggest buying a case for it though. I got them from Amazon and you don’t even notice that it is on.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Get the SE, it has better battery life & the only major difference is it won’t have the always on display. 

I’ve got the Nike SE watch and it’s a fantastic bit of kit, I would suggest buying a case for it though. I got them from Amazon and you don’t even notice that it is on.

Is it worth getting the bigger size? Seems to me the 40mm is big enough. 

Now that Fifa snd EA have parted ways, will there be an EA title(same engine,graphics, NO player,club rights)

Fifa version (official teams and players but possible rubbish/worse than EA gameplay)

A bit like when the old championship manager split and there was football manager which was essentially the same game but with a different name and championship manager which was the same name but now inferior

game.

Is championship manager still a thing?

Has anyone got a WiFi mesh system? I just moved into a Victorian terrace and the WiFi coverage is pretty awful, presumably due to the thickness of the walls. I have an powerline adapter that I brought from the old house but it doesn't work here, probably due to the old electrical wiring. Both me and my wife work from home so need it to be decent. Any recommendations of good systems or ones to avoid would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, chuck'em said:

Has anyone got a WiFi mesh system? I just moved into a Victorian terrace and the WiFi coverage is pretty awful, presumably due to the thickness of the walls. I have an powerline adapter that I brought from the old house but it doesn't work here, probably due to the old electrical wiring. Both me and my wife work from home so need it to be decent. Any recommendations of good systems or ones to avoid would be appreciated.

I have the netgear orbi tri-band mesh one. It has one router and one satellite.  My old router died a month before the wifi 6 version was released so i couldn't hold out.

Having said that, it has been rock solid. I have a 2400 square foot house plus another 750 sq feet in the basement.  The wifi Is full strength everywhere. I get good coverage out front of the house and in the rear garden.  Highly recommended from me if they sell over in england. Only once have i had to reboot the satellite router.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted a photo of an old biddy with wooden football rattle for the atmosphere thread. All of them had a copyright,

QUESTIONs

Who gave getty and others the rights  to these photos?

Early to mid 1900s cultural images...... like they tracked down the original fans and paid for them.

Does google only show copyrighted ones for a cut?

19 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Is there such a thing as what's basically a book-end but goes along the BACK of the books to stop them falling off an open back book shelf that's not against the wall?

I need some and I don't know a) if they even exist and b) if they do, what are they called?

Could you put a length of elastic or wood across the back of the shelf?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Is there such a thing as what's basically a book-end but goes along the BACK of the books to stop them falling off an open back book shelf that's not against the wall?

I need some and I don't know a) if they even exist and b) if they do, what are they called?

Expandable/adjustable bookends?

image.jpeg.1b305add9dae993fe42f817ea85ad893.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brucey said:

Expandable/adjustable bookends?

image.jpeg.1b305add9dae993fe42f817ea85ad893.jpeg

They're smart, remind me of an old school department store lift.

I cannot believe there isn't a simpler solution though, like a rigid length of plastic bent down the middle at a right angle that can be cut to size.

To Dragon's Den I go

41 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

They're smart, remind me of an old school department store lift.

I cannot believe there isn't a simpler solution though, like a rigid length of plastic bent down the middle at a right angle that can be cut to size.

To Dragon's Den I go

You could probably repurpose these (if you can find one large enough to not tip over)

https://www.diy.com/departments/building-supplies/timber-sheet-materials/decorative-timber/corner-mouldings/DIY570354.cat

Edited by brucey
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, brucey said:

You could probably repurpose these (if you can find one large enough to not tip over)

https://www.diy.com/departments/building-supplies/timber-sheet-materials/decorative-timber/corner-mouldings/DIY570354.cat

You've solved the mystery! L shaped mouldings or angles is what they're listed as. All sorts of different sizes available, just need to find one of really thin flimsy material and we'll be good to go 

(Also posted in the football kits 22/23 thread but no bites...)

I need some advice please as I know fvck all about replica shirts...

My 13 year old wants a PSG top (no idea why - but he does) and a quick Google search says they're about £75 so fvck that.

I've spotted this cheap version for £30 but no clue if it'll be a shite knock off - any thoughts?

https://www.soccerlord.se/product/psg-home-football-shirt-22-23/

Or does anyone know of other sites for replica shirts where you don't pay top dollar?

Thanks,

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

(Also posted in the football kits 22/23 thread but no bites...)

I need some advice please as I know fvck all about replica shirts...

My 13 year old wants a PSG top (no idea why - but he does) and a quick Google search says they're about £75 so fvck that.

I've spotted this cheap version for £30 but no clue if it'll be a shite knock off - any thoughts?

https://www.soccerlord.se/product/psg-home-football-shirt-22-23/

Or does anyone know of other sites for replica shirts where you don't pay top dollar?

Thanks,

Seriously go on ebay and type in kids PSG shirt. 

I get them all the time for about £15-20 and they look identical, have all the badges and tags and the quality is fine. My kids have many foreign kits to go training in.

They don't show the brand badge on the listing but they come with it on.

Edited by Rain King
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Seriously go on ebay and type in kids PSG shirt. 

I get them all the time for about £15-20 and they look identical, have all the badges and tags and the quality is fine. My kids have many foreign kits to go training in.

They don't show the brand badge on the listing but they come with it on.

Thanks mate :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I know the Royal Mail are on strike but are they running any kind of delivery service today? Had an email saying something I’ve ordered will be delivered by them today (via special delivery) and I’ve seen parcel express vans out and about today 

Apprently their strikes do not effect special delivery or tracked parcels.

edit, just found confirmation:

On days when strike action is taking place: 

• We will deliver as many Special Delivery and Tracked24 parcels as possible
  • We will prioritise the delivery of COVID test kits and medical prescriptions wherever possible
  • We will not be delivering letters (with the exception of Special Delivery) 

Edited by Fox92

On 01/10/2022 at 18:17, Royston. said:

Does anyone have Mayfair on the mcdonalds monopoly board as I have Park Lane and we can split the 100k?

Actually, to be fair Park Lane is the common one out of the 2 so if someone has Mayfair they could probably just spend a couple hundred quid on McDonalds until they find the Park Lane one, saving them about £49,800 rather than splitting with you.

bk.jpg

Edited by lcfc278

15 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Actually, to be fair Park Lane is the common one out of the 2 so if someone has Mayfair they could probably just spend a couple hundred quid on McDonalds until they find the Park Lane one, saving them about £49,800 rather than splitting with you.

bk.jpg

You have Mayfair don't you....:dry:

• Haha 1