Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

21 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

That's a relatively small one, some are like goldfish bowls! 

We have something like that and i hate it. Its from the previous owner and hangs like 4 feet or so from the ceiling. Feel like putting some boxing gloves on... lol

Edited by Jattdogg

For anyone wondering, we've settled on kitchen light fittings. 

Got 2 of these arriving next week and I've ordered 8 bulbs with the spiral filament to go in them.

We needed 2 matching fittings and didn't want to spend more than £200 on the pair. 

These are 40 quid each and the nicest ones weve seen. Bargain.

The 2 I put up earlier in the week will be moving to the hall.

I really hope I just need to unscrew the ones I just put up and it's a case of putting in the live, earth and neutral!

Screenshot_20230211_220949_Chrome.jpg

20 hours ago, tom27111 said:

For anyone wondering, we've settled on kitchen light fittings. 

Got 2 of these arriving next week and I've ordered 8 bulbs with the spiral filament to go in them.

We needed 2 matching fittings and didn't want to spend more than £200 on the pair. 

These are 40 quid each and the nicest ones weve seen. Bargain.

The 2 I put up earlier in the week will be moving to the hall.

I really hope I just need to unscrew the ones I just put up and it's a case of putting in the live, earth and neutral!

Screenshot_20230211_220949_Chrome.jpg

Firstly, £200   :jawdrop:You have heard of Ikea, haven't you?

Secondly, don't forget those rubber soled shoes.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

How is this offside ..  someone please explain ..  Harvey’s boot is touching the red line and the farthest Spuds players head is on the red line ..   

9701B605-E619-4363-B342-5DCA293D4A89.jpeg

9A9EC7CB-3BD1-418B-8FCC-9297F64D7A05.jpeg

Just bring back the daylight rule.

Doesn't matter if 99% of the attackers body is in fron of the defender, as long as 1 part of them is level, they're on.

Must be clear daylight between players to be deemed offside.

There would still be tight calls, of course, but a lot more black and white.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Just bring back the daylight rule.

Doesn't matter if 99% of the attackers body is in fron of the defender, as long as 1 part of them is level, they're on.

Must be clear daylight between players to be deemed offside.

There would still be tight calls, of course, but a lot more black and white.

What happens if its a night match? 

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

Firstly, £200   :jawdrop:You have heard of Ikea, haven't you?

Secondly, don't forget those rubber soled shoes.

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

£100 per fitting doesn't get you much!

Especially if you factor bulbs in to the cost.

Been a while since you bought a light fitting? Costs are ridiculous. Likewise, lamps.

And definitely don't start me on bulbs. We wanted those globe ones with the spiral filament. The dimmable ones were £25 each. We needed 3. £75 for 3 light bulbs! Had standard straight filament, they're in those big glass fishbowl fittings, so haven't really noticed. Most of those fittings were about £100-£150 each. It's an upside down goldfish bowl. Fortunately, the lovely people at Amazon had some for £75 😀

5 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Been a while since you bought a light fitting? Costs are ridiculous. Likewise, lamps.

And definitely don't start me on bulbs. We wanted those globe ones with the spiral filament. The dimmable ones were £25 each. We needed 3. £75 for 3 light bulbs! Had standard straight filament, they're in those big glass fishbowl fittings, so haven't really noticed. Most of those fittings were about £100-£150 each. It's an upside down goldfish bowl. Fortunately, the lovely people at Amazon had some for £75 😀

Look at Screwfix for the fancy bulbs, literally a fraction of of the price of normal retailers.

57 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Look at Screwfix for the fancy bulbs, literally a fraction of of the price of normal retailers.

I did. 3 for £15 😀 Unfortunately, didn't have the dimmable spiral but happier with the cost. They're in a fitting so the standard filaments look just fine. Screenshot_20230213_002943_Gallery.thumb.jpg.72dff06cdb0f354e26656965bed6a6cd.jpg

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I did. 3 for £15 😀 Unfortunately, didn't have the dimmable spiral but happier with the cost. They're in a fitting so the standard filaments look just fine. Screenshot_20230213_002943_Gallery.thumb.jpg.72dff06cdb0f354e26656965bed6a6cd.jpg

Those smoked fittings are on point!

My Mrs is on the verge of leaving me because I've become so obsessed about fittings and bulbs lol

• Haha 1

On 12/02/2023 at 18:05, Countryfox said:

How is this offside ..  someone please explain ..  Harvey’s boot is touching the red line and the farthest Spuds players head is on the red line ..   

9701B605-E619-4363-B342-5DCA293D4A89.jpeg

9A9EC7CB-3BD1-418B-8FCC-9297F64D7A05.jpeg

I'm pretty sure they drew the line from Eric Dier. I don't know if it's a perspective thing because it looks like it's the head of the Spurs defender that's further back. There was another VAR in a different game where they clearly drew the line from the wrong player and made the wrong decision. I'm still pro VAR but if a trained official with several minutes and a still frame can't correctly identify the furthest back defender then it's the officials that are the problem.  

6 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

I'm pretty sure they drew the line from Eric Dier. I don't know if it's a perspective thing because it looks like it's the head of the Spurs defender that's further back. There was another VAR in a different game where they clearly drew the line from the wrong player and made the wrong decision. I'm still pro VAR but if a trained official with several minutes and a still frame can't correctly identify the furthest back defender then it's the officials that are the problem.  

Thanks for replying .. but purely from what is shown is he onside or not ..  I am genuinely confused. 

Does anyone have a small battery operated dehumidifier? The condensation in the bathroom hasn't particularly improved, despite have 2 of those small dehumidifiers with crystals. The toilet seems to be the main culprit at the moment, both the cistern and the pan have heavy condensation, resulting in pools of water on the floor. Wondering if a more substantial dehumidifier would help?

• Like 1

Have decided to go ahead with renting a property in Syston out, as am living in London now.

Does anyone know anyone reputable locally who could help with odd jobs such as a leaking kitchen sink tap, replace a couple of door handles etc. ( @Webbo, can seem to vaguely remember that yotr job is similar to this)?

On 18/02/2023 at 14:41, Milo said:

So…I treated my family of squirrels to their own picnic table. 

Laid out some goodies and it didn’t take them long to pop down for a bit of a nibble. 

(It was raining so I put the brolly up).

C548C60A-73EE-4DA4-9501-59589FEAEA44.thumb.jpeg.cfe8be016d2fa09a012ad7f575dfea1d.jpeg

It must be very rewarding to discover that you were right when you thought that cocktail parasol that you saved on holiday all those years ago would come in handy one day :)

• Like 1