Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What's the hype about this 'Prime' drink?..

Just sounds like another energy drink.

Developed by or endorsed by social media influencers hence why it's so cool.

Think it's KSI and one of those Paul brothers Logan or Jake.

Edited by Tuna
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Any recommendations for fence paint? Used a Ronseal One Coat FenceLife just over 12 months ago, and all the fencing needs doing again. And there's a lot of it, so not happy. Cuprinol Ducksback seems to get good reviews and says it's a 5-year job.

My fences were done with the Cuprinol Ducksback 3 years ago and probably need to do them again in about 6 months as just starting to fade colour wise. I used a mid grey colour which looks great but don’t know if still in the colour range

10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Any recommendations for fence paint? Used a Ronseal One Coat FenceLife just over 12 months ago, and all the fencing needs doing again. And there's a lot of it, so not happy. Cuprinol Ducksback seems to get good reviews and says it's a 5-year job.

Not at all eco these days but creosote takes some beating.

The fence panels in our garden were at least 20 years old when we moved in and over the next 5 years I never painted them.

They didn't look at all bad though.

It was the posts rotted in the ground that meant it needed replacing eventually.

I understand however, that creosote 'substitute ' is all that is available now.

1 hour ago, Solihullfox said:

My fences were done with the Cuprinol Ducksback 3 years ago and probably need to do them again in about 6 months as just starting to fade colour wise. I used a mid grey colour which looks great but don’t know if still in the colour range

Thanks. I did see a silver grey option. Ours are black and they do black so we're good. I'd understand a bit of fading after a few years but lots of it has just disappeared. 

Anyone who has a dog - anything to combat the yellow patches on the lawn where they go for a p*ss.

I'm going to train him to go in one place, probably chuck down some atro turf? Im not getting into the habit of not letting him go in the garden, just dont want my lawn looking like a chessboard either!

7 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Anyone who has a dog - anything to combat the yellow patches on the lawn where they go for a p*ss.

I'm going to train him to go in one place, probably chuck down some atro turf? Im not getting into the habit of not letting him go in the garden, just dont want my lawn looking like a chessboard either!

I also need to know this, we have recently had the garden done but now are left with a yellow patch which seems to be the toilet of choice. My dad reckons tomato paste/ketchup in the food solves it, however mine has dry food.

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I also need to know this, we have recently had the garden done but now are left with a yellow patch which seems to be the toilet of choice. My dad reckons tomato paste/ketchup in the food solves it, however mine has dry food.

Pain isnt it. I'm looking at the astroturf route, like a few m2 and get him to go on that.

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It doesn’t. The wife bought into the same myth so ours now get tomato sardines every meal. The dead grass is still there, they have very glossy coats though.

The only sure fire way is to bucket of water the patch after every trip outside.

12 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It doesn’t. The wife bought into the same myth so ours now get tomato sardines every meal. The dead grass is still there, they have very glossy coats though.

The only sure fire way is to bucket of water the patch after every trip outside.

I don’t know his garden proves it does work as the grass is fine. I might just stick a sign on the lawn saying don’t wee here and see if that works. 

• Haha 1

Tiling advice

I've taken my old tiles off, and there's a few holes I need to patch up. 

Am I better using green board, or plasterboard and sealing it. 

I'm thinking green board but thought I'd ask the foxestalk hive mind

5 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I was originally going to comment as a joke but I've just saw they actually sell it on Amazon, have you thought about some green grass spray paint? Like the Qatari's apparently used at the WC.

Edited by lcfc278

4 hours ago, RobHawk said:

Tiling advice

I've taken my old tiles off, and there's a few holes I need to patch up. 

Am I better using green board, or plasterboard and sealing it. 

I'm thinking green board but thought I'd ask the foxestalk hive mind

Depends on where the wall is thats being patched. Is it in a wet area like a shower or above a bath? If so i would go for the moisture resistant board and prime/seal it as well. If its a wall away from any direct water contact than normal plasterboard should do bit still prime it with whatever the tile adhesive you are using recommends.