Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

One every hour and a half seems reasonable to me. Every hour is probably too much, every two hours probably not quite enough. 

Or just ask them how often they want one. 

I even make one for the window cleaners when they come round. And they're only there for 10-15 mins! 

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Tradespeople of FT - what's the average number of teas/coffees you expect to be offered per day if you're doing a job at someone's house? Made four brews for the builders round ours yesterday and wonder if I need to build on that today as they've not said no to any yet.

Depends if they stop working whilst they are drinking it. Sounds daft but if you are paying someone a day, or hourly rate, and they stop for a cuppa every hour or 2 then the job will take longer and end up costing you more. However if the jobs quoted or they just drink as they work than think it sounds about right

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Tradespeople of FT - what's the average number of teas/coffees you expect to be offered per day if you're doing a job at someone's house? Made four brews for the builders round ours yesterday and wonder if I need to build on that today as they've not said no to any yet.

Just leave a bowl of water out and let fate decide.

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I offer when I'm making one for me, about every hour and a half.

When the chap was here demolishing and rebuilding our kitchen and associated rooms, we gave him our travel kettle and some supplies to do his own. The door from the hall to kitchen was all sealed, it was the dead of winter, and I wasn't going outside and round to the back door with his tea.

We had a decorator come to do some rooms a few years back, just walked in the kitchen and put the kettle on himself!

I have not lived in Leicester for years and years but I have a friend who want to meet up in South Leicestershire around Enderby.

Do anyone have any recommendations for nice walks or restaurants or cool landmarks in the surrounding areas?

23 hours ago, The Blur said:

I have not lived in Leicester for years and years but I have a friend who want to meet up in South Leicestershire around Enderby.

Do anyone have any recommendations for nice walks or restaurants or cool landmarks in the surrounding areas?

Croft Hill.

Joking.

7 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Are there any dental workers on here, regarding a query?

Go on. Tell us...

There's bound to be someone on FT that will know all about it.

Is it halitosis?

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

Have anyone had any success claiming for delayed luggage - one of our suitcases turned up 30 hours after the rest of our luggage.

everything is in tact but we’ve had to buy some stuff while we’re out here to cover the first cpl of days.  

Why do we laugh so differently? Was in the pub last night with a mate and a girl in a group on the table next to us had the most extraordinary laugh that, every time she laughed, it made us laugh. To be fair to her, she knew how amazingly bizarre her laugh was and it didn’t faze her at all, all her group were in tears too. Laughter is a truly infectious thing.

17 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Does it matter if you haven’t included middle names on a holiday booking?

We go in a couple weeks and my girlfriend is on the verge of a meltdown because she didn’t put our middle names in when she booked it

Doesn't matter