Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Do passenger airplanes have keys? :unsure:

Do you mean to get in, or to start?

The only aircraft I know that require keys to "start" are Cessna's. These are only private aircraft though.

I think (and enhance the word 'think') on commercial aeroplanes, the APU is turned on and fuel is added. In fact, the only place where I think they have keys on a commercial aircraft is the cockpit door, which they never locked before 9/11 anyway (or at least it was easier to get in).

Not sure about when the aircraft is not in use. I think the doors are locked when it is grounded, but not via a key.

Edited by Fox92

You'd have a job nicking an airliner. Even if nobody spotted you, you'd have to get some fuel in, disconnect the auxiliary power, remove the chocks and so on. And then you won't get atc clearance anyway and you'll be immediate chased by some Eurofighters.

Do you mean to get in, or to start?

The only aircraft I know that require keys to "start" are Cessna's. These are only private aircraft though.

I think (and enhance the word 'think') on commercial aeroplanes, the APU is turned on and fuel is added. In fact, the only place where I think they have keys on a commercial aircraft is the cockpit door, which they never locked before 9/11 anyway (or at least it was easier to get in).

Not sure about when the aircraft is not in use. I think the doors are locked when it is grounded, but not via a key.

You're about right for the simplified way of starting up an aircraft. As for locking up at night, well they don't really need to. Its at an airport so security is high enough not to need to or they put it in a hangar, quite often a battery is just disconnected and possibly they'll put a special tape around part the door, which if broken means the aircraft has to be thoroughly searched.

Do passenger airplanes have keys? :unsure:

Small planes (like the little Cessna in How Airplanes Work) have locks on the doors and ignition keys inside to start the engine. They are pretty much like a car in this respect. The reason why they need locks and keys is because they sit out in relatively unsecure parking areas, sometimes for weeks at a time. They need locks for the same reason that a car does when it is sitting in a parking lot.

Commercial jets, on the other hand, have no locks on the doors and no ignition key of any sort. You can hop in, flip a couple of switches and start one up!

Why are some people so intollerant these days and quick to blame others?

Intolerance

Ruddy youths, outside my house

Can't walk to the shops at night.

Hanging on the street corner.

They even follow me to the pub.

They ought to get a job.

Instead of bothering pensioners like me.

I bet they'd mug you just for being old.

I can tell by the way they look.

I can tell by the way they dress.

It's not safe around here no more.

Ths is not the best of areas.

But we have to make the most of it.

I feel sorry for the old folk sometimes.

But at night I like to watch out for them.

Make sure they get to and from the shops.

It's a bit tiring after working all day.

The care home is very demanding.

But me and my friends enjoy the work.

Returning something for what was done for us.

I understand though why some are mistrusting.

Maybe one day the media will report positives.

And not stories that cause fear and intolerance.

Why are do so many people show an arrogance and lack of respect these days?

Are basic courtesies and manners a thing of the past?

Are you talking real world or internet world? I do wonder if the way people interact on the internet has spilt over into real life, with people just shouting at each other and arguing over opinions, or in an attempt to be funny. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time I have finished this someone has made a jokey insulting response.

Are you talking real world or internet world? I do wonder if the way people interact on the internet has spilt over into real life, with people just shouting at each other and arguing over opinions, or in an attempt to be funny. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time I have finished this someone has made a jokey insulting response.

Both mate.

Let me give you a couple of examples of what I am talking about.

Last year on the plane away on holiday. It's full of young drunks throwing bottles.. tubes of pringles etc. Stewardess asks them to sit down and calm down.. gets told to **** off.

I'm sitting there with my 7 and 8 year olds, language is foul, behaviour worse.

Then to top it all some 20 odd year old knuckle dragger goes up to the 16 year old odd girl in front of us and asks the mother if he can take her to the bogs and give her one.

No doubt some idiots on here will find that funny. I found the whole 4 hour experience a living nightmare.

More simple one yesterday.

got held up at a level crossing. About 15 cars waiting in a line, we've been there about 5 minutes when cars start flying past me on the wrong side of the road to turn right and go around a huge long back route to bypass the crossing. A minute later one engine goes through the gates go up and off we go.

Meanwhile the assholes are weaving through a warren of back roads to get where I got 5 minutes after I did just because they think they know better.

It's a general theme in life these days I find. Most people look on everyone else as a dick head, asshole, idiot, twat whatever you want to call it and they mostly think they know better, can do better, faster etc. Everyone else is always in the wrong regardless of the circumstances and the general courtesy, manners and demeanour of a lot of people is rude, intimidating and with a complete lack of respect or thought for anyone or anything else.

Did you ask the second question to yourself?

Ah hadn't noticed that, that would be the auto-correct on my phone!

Can somebody answer this for me though because it's been bugging me for bloody ages, I gather it's a sort of 'rep' thing but what I don't get is why everybody cares so much?

EDIT: Grammar was awful here!

Edited by blue-army-andy

Why are do so many people show an arrogance and lack of respect these days?

Are basic courtesies and manners a thing of the past?

It's just a sign that you're growing old .

Are policeman looking too young ?

Can you no longer understand the lyrics to modern songs?

Why can't they get rid of brown money ?

it's a waste of space now.