Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I have literally no idea what any of that means.

I've given up on the idea now anyway the entry requirements are three As at A-Level so fvck it I'll just do as I've always done and work my bollocks off to getti where I want - what's a few letters after my name anyway? Nothing - at least I'll have years of experience and there is always further learning with fitness qualifications anyway.

My a levels were underwhelming so I did an 'Access to Higher Education Diploma in Sport' course at Sheffield College. I'd spoken to Sheffield Hallam previously and successful completion of this course got me onto the Sport and Exercise Science course at Hallam. Adds an extra year on but definitely worth a shout if you're keen on the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever bought event tickets on eBay before?

Need a Leeds ticket and they've not sold out yet but after transaction fees etc. it's nearly £230 officially and they're knocking around eBay for 175-200 or so.

Anyone ever been had getting them off there before?

Has anyone ever bought event tickets on eBay before?

Need a Leeds ticket and they've not sold out yet but after transaction fees etc. it's nearly £230 officially and they're knocking around eBay for 175-200 or so.

Anyone ever been had getting them off there before?

Ebays that strict with sellers these days, you should be ok.

With tickets though, i suggest the fastest delivery terms possible.

Do you mean to get in, or to start?

The only aircraft I know that require keys to "start" are Cessna's. These are only private aircraft though.

I think (and enhance the word 'think') on commercial aeroplanes, the APU is turned on and fuel is added. In fact, the only place where I think they have keys on a commercial aircraft is the cockpit door, which they never locked before 9/11 anyway (or at least it was easier to get in).

Not sure about when the aircraft is not in use. I think the doors are locked when it is grounded, but not via a key.

I've been on holiday recently... Travelled on a Boeing 757-200 on both journey's.

Was observing (as always), and noticed a few things, but something regarding locks (what we spoke about a month ago). I realised the cockpit door was locked with a keypad. I know these models were built between early 1980's and 2004, but I didn't realise a keypad had been installed. (Not sure if this is new on all of Boeing's models though?). There's the answer, well, on a 757-200 anyway.

I've been on holiday recently... Travelled on a Boeing 757-200 on both journey's.

Was observing (as always), and noticed a few things, but something regarding locks (what we spoke about a month ago). I realised the cockpit door was locked with a keypad. I know these models were built between early 1980's and 2004, but I didn't realise a keypad had been installed. (Not sure if this is new on all of Boeing's models though?). There's the answer, well, on a 757-200 anyway.

I think the 2/3 years after 9/11 saw a lot of aircraft upgraded cockpit security. Apparently some in the US have face detection and all that jazz now. Who'd you fly with?

When I flew to Tokyo, my first leg which was from Heathrow to Rome I was sat on the door seat (with the nice legroom) and they left in what looked like a key in both opposite cabin doors, they had a large orange tag hanging down from them saying "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT"

Edited by lavrentis

If I was looking for a cheap 747, after checking the service history and making sure it's been taxed and tested - the very least I would want is remote central locking!

Nothing cooler than walking away from your airliner in the carpark at work and locking it from over your shoulder.

Edited by blue-army-andy

I think the 2/3 years after 9/11 saw a lot of aircraft upgraded cockpit security. Apparently some in the US have face detection and all that jazz now. Who'd you fly with?

Yeah, true. I flew with Thomson, they seem to be growing into a big airline.

After reading the 'in flight' magazine, it appears they will be the first airline to use Boeing's Dreamliner:

thomson-787-800-12fltthompsonlr.jpg?w=606

Got to get on that :cool::sweating:

When I flew to Tokyo, my first leg which was from Heathrow to Rome I was sat on the door seat (with the nice legroom) and they left in what looked like a key in both opposite cabin doors, they had a large orange tag hanging down from them saying "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT"

Yeah there are many items with that tag on. I don't actually know what for, but I think they can only be used when the aircraft is grounded?

You flew from Heathrow? I would like to fly from Heathrow one day. Apart from Manchester and Birmingham, I haven't really flew from any of our Countries 'major' airports.

Yeah, true. I flew with Thomson, they seem to be growing into a big airline.

After reading the 'in flight' magazine, it appears they will be the first airline to use Boeing's Dreamliner:

thomson-787-800-12fltthompsonlr.jpg?w=606

Got to get on that :cool::sweating:

Yeah there are many items with that tag on. I don't actually know what for, but I think they can only be used when the aircraft is grounded?

You flew from Heathrow? I would like to fly from Heathrow one day. Apart from Manchester and Birmingham, I haven't really flew from any of our Countries 'major' airports.

Aye flying out from Heathrow is nice and the view of London when flying in is nice but it is painfully slow going through customs at Heathrow.

Guest Col city fan

I have a question.

It's an old one but I'm not sure it's ever been answered.

I live alone so I have to do all my own chores, including shopping! Washing! And gulp... Ironing!

Why, when I take my laundry to the washing machine from my natty little wicker basket, and wash it, are there odd socks in the pile of finished washing? Why? It's always perplexed me... I then go to my sock drawer and just can't find the corresponding sock to go with the odd one!!

Yours confused,

Col..

I have a question.

I live alone so I have to do all my own chores, including shopping! Washing! And gulp... Ironing!

Why, when I take my laundry to the washing machine from my natty little wicker basket, and wash it, are there odd socks in the pile of finished washing? Why? It's always perplexed me... I then go to my sock drawer and just can't find the corresponding sock to go with the odd one!!

Yours confused,

Col..

I have exactly the same problem - very frustrating. I swear the washing machine eats them. :angry:

Aye flying out from Heathrow is nice and the view of London when flying in is nice but it is painfully slow going through customs at Heathrow.

Yeah, I image the views are good. And I imagine Heathrow is slow, very busy airport, busiest in the World I think.

That's all I want to go for, aircraft dropping in every 45 seconds, or whatever it is. Bet the Air Traffic Controller's have a tough job there!

I have a question.

Yours confused,

Col..

I have exactly the same problem - very frustrating. I swear the washing machine eats them. :angry:

Get some clips or something?

I have a question.

Yours confused,

Col..

Its one of life's mysteries it happens to me all the time! I just give up these days and wear odd socks!

Its one of life's mysteries it happens to me all the time! I just give up these days and wear odd socks!

I just only buy black socks, every one is a pair with anyother, more or less, to the untrained, but I still often have one left over.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

I just only buy black socks, every one is a pair with anyother, more or less, to the untrained, but I still often have one left over.

I thought I was the only person who did that. I buy plain black socks always. They all look the same and I don't even bundle them into pairs. My socks are identical individuals not pairs.

This also means if you get a hole in a sock you can throw that out and not have to throw another out. Imagine the savings. :P

I thought I was the only person who did that. I buy plain black socks always. They all look the same and I don't even bundle them into pairs. My socks are identical individuals not pairs.

This also means if you get a hole in a sock you can throw that out and not have to throw another out. Imagine the savings. :P

Darn it!

The first airline to fly it was actually the Japanese airline - ANA, but Thomson are definitely one of the first.

I have a question.

Yours confused,

Col..

Perhaps you left them at AOWWs!!

Perhaps you left them at Cols!!
  • Like 2

There's no such thing. They are really only very very very very dark blue.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/father-ted/video/series-3/episode-1/socks-education

• Like 1