Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Basically I'm like my mates little slave for the day aren't I? I swear I'm only going for a rare day out on the booze.

Weddings are boring, funerals incredibly sad, call me a sad b@$|@®d but I don't really enjoy either.

EDIT: and he's a bloody Leeds fan

Edited by blue-army-andy

Has anyone ever asked for copyright permission to use a film or TV show for their work?

Basically I've been asked to write an cultural english course for a language academy in spain and I want to use an episode of the office, just wondering if it is easy to do whether it is expensive or a hassle. I don't want to write a lesson based around it and then be told they won't use it for copyright infringement.

Has anyone ever asked for copyright permission to use a film or TV show for their work?

Basically I've been asked to write an cultural english course for a language academy in spain and I want to use an episode of the office, just wondering if it is easy to do whether it is expensive or a hassle. I don't want to write a lesson based around it and then be told they won't use it for copyright infringement.

I've not attempted it for film and television but I have for music and it was an absolute hassle if you don't have the right professional connections. I got a quicker response going through the artist but it would have proved too costly in the end. I know there's a cut off with music as to how much you can use before you're actually infringing, so there may be something similar with visual media.

I've not attempted it for film and television but I have for music and it was an absolute hassle if you don't have the right professional connections. I got a quicker response going through the artist but it would have proved too costly in the end. I know there's a cut off with music as to how much you can use before you're actually infringing, so there may be something similar with visual media.

The fact it is in Spain may also make difference, how would you check who owns the rights, the bbc own the uk rights but I don't know if they also own international rights too.

I created an online language course for a commercial part of the university and it is hell to get copyright. Even pictures are hard work, I'd think it will be very difficult if not impossible to get the rights to an episode of the office.

The fact it is in Spain may also make difference, how would you check who owns the rights, the bbc own the uk rights but I don't know if they also own international rights too.

Europe works the same for copyright I think. and it IS up to you to found out who and get permission.

I ended up creating most of the stuff in house and then you still have to get contracts signed for every piece of work (recording / video) anyone does for you. Total headache.

It also depends on who is going to use it. If it is for commercial gain you have almost no chance.

It's difficult enough if it is for state educational purposes.

I created an online language course for a commercial part of the university and it is hell to get copyright. Even pictures are hard work, I'd think it will be very difficult if not impossible to get the rights to an episode of the office.

Hmm may have to rethink it, you wouldn't think it would be that hard, what about costs, did you have to pay use copyrighted material, how much was it?

I'm not sure. If I remember correctly I found the production company/publisher and they had a link on their website to make an application.

Hmm may have to rethink it, you wouldn't think it would be that hard, what about costs, did you have to pay use copyrighted material, how much was it?

Music is easier to get the rights for and you can pay for it , if you really have the budget - I think it's on a number of uses basis. It's nearly a decade since I did ours (with a team) and I've now moved on to a different part of the University - we were cutting edge at the time. But actually getting in touch with people and getting the rights even for photos was time consuming and a lot of paperwork. As I say we were a government linked university. It's a lot easier to get the rights but maybe a lot harder to do the paperwork. Movie clips and even BBC sound recordings we just gave up on and used our own studio and employees/locals/friends to role play.

Is there an online musicical keyboard? Don't play but I know a few notes. Know the scale sort of. I want to tinker about with some of my poetry. Will need someone that can sing if I manage to do something.

Can't you tell I have too much time on my hands?

Found some. This one has a studio of instruments. For kids tho.

http://www.kbears.com/playmusic/keyboard.html

I would need to save it or download it into another program.

Edited by Nightguard

Is there an online musicical keyboard? Don't play but I know a few notes. Know the scale sort of. I want to tinker about with some of my poetry. Will need someone that can sing if I manage to do something.

Can't you tell I have too much time on my hands?

Found some. This one has a studio of instruments. For kids tho.

http://www.kbears.co...c/keyboard.html

I would need to save it or download it into another program.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=online+musical+keyboard

Is it possible to get a virus on your phone when using the internet?

I keep getting told to install McAfee on my android phone, I don't know if viruses are a problem, I guess they could be, but probably not from just surfing the net.

From a quick google: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/04/13/widespread-android-virus-could-hide-in-popular-app-updates

and so much for anti virus software:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46644153/ns/technology_and_science-security/t/most-android-anti-virus-products-dont-work-tests-find/

As far as I know apple products are virus free because of their strict controls on creating apps.

Does anybody know if those dent puller's work? I'm pretty sure some bugger hit me in a car park, because I have a dent, pretty big, in the side of my car :(

Anyway, I can get a dent puller from eBay for 2.99... But does anybody rekon it will work/has anyone ever used one before?

Guest Col city fan

Does anybody know if those dent puller's work? I'm pretty sure some bugger hit me in a car park, because I have a dent, pretty big, in the side of my car :(

Anyway, I can get a dent puller from eBay for 2.99... But does anybody rekon it will work/has anyone ever used one before?

You need to know what you're doing with it mate.

Get it wrong and you'll make it worse.

Pulling out dents properly is a bit of a skill

You need to know what you're doing with it mate.

Get it wrong and you'll make it worse.

Pulling out dents properly is a bit of a skill

True.. I've spoken to my neighboor and he said his mate does this sort of stuff, so he'll hopefully have a word.