Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Right - I've got myself a radio show on the uni student radio and it needs a name - If the answers don't descend into a farce, I shall be very disappointed. Will be playing mostly rock and metal, so extra kudos if someone can shoe-horn something relating to them into the name.

I can't think of any farcical names. RamAir9/11 is probably the best one and was along the lines I was thinking. Credit to Zingari.

In fact RamAir 9/11 will probably get you some [negative] publicity. But all publicity is good publicity...

Regards to the plane crashing sound you can always open with Megadeths Blackmail The Universe...

If you don't want a jokey one you can always just pick a song or album name?

Spreading The Disease? (Anthrax)

Edited by adam1

Right - I've got myself a radio show on the uni student radio and it needs a name - If the answers don't descend into a farce, I shall be very disappointed. Will be playing mostly rock and metal, so extra kudos if someone can shoe-horn something relating to them into the name.

If it was a breakfast show, it would obviously have to be Rock-a-Doodle-Doo.

Does anybody know how easy it is to learn how to play the harmonica?

I play harmonica and guitar.

Harmonica was the easiest to learn, I think I learnt 'Please Please Me' within an hour of getting it. I got a book as well with instructions pointing out when to withdraw and all that. Easy when you get going, and enjoy :thumbup:

Harmonica was the easiest to learn, I think I learnt 'Please Please Me' within an hour of getting it. I got a book as well with instructions pointing out when to withdraw and all that. Easy when you get going, and enjoy :thumbup:

I never found it easy to withdraw once I got going.

Is there any business owners/Directors/general managers on here who would be kind enough to help me out with a job application please?

This site has useful general advice http://www.prospects.ac.uk/job_application_advice.htm. It is aimed at graduates and I don't know your situation but the general rules will still apply. There are other advice sites out there.

If it is hand written make sure it is legible and one of my particular bugbears is bad spelling. Many jobs don't actually need you to able to spell but for me it indicates a lack of attention to detail in something important. Also follow any instructions on the format the employer wants e.g if they don't want a CV dont send one. Think very hard about how to make any experience you already have sound relevant to the job you are after.

Guest Col city fan

You can play the guitar!

Use that to your advantage young man during Freshers week if you know what I mean..

:thumbup:

The pretty lassies love a musician..

Good luck by the way...

Guest Col city fan

The oral skills and gained from regular harmonica playing are much appreciated by the ladies.

lol

I wouldn't know..

I can play the guitar too but not the harmonica.

This site has useful general advice http://www.prospects.ac.uk/job_application_advice.htm. It is aimed at graduates and I don't know your situation but the general rules will still apply. There are other advice sites out there.

If it is hand written make sure it is legible and one of my particular bugbears is bad spelling. Many jobs don't actually need you to able to spell but for me it indicates a lack of attention to detail in something important. Also follow any instructions on the format the employer wants e.g if they don't want a CV dont send one. Think very hard about how to make any experience you already have sound relevant to the job you are after.

Cheers, however it says the page no longer exists??

I have a covering letter and new cv all typed up, spent about a day on each!

The hard it is having to prepare a 10 minute presentation on myself, I wasn't sure weather to keep it boring, simple but professional like everybody else's or go with more personal and light hearted theme such as...

"Carling don't do Assistant General Managers...."

The job is the AGM job a the gym I already work stand has always been part of my an to eventually go for it and I REALLY want the job!

Edited by blue-army-andy

You can play the guitar!

Use that to your advantage young man during Freshers week if you know what I mean..

:thumbup:

The pretty lassies love a musician..

Good luck by the way...

Yeah I can play those two instruments :thumbup:

I can't sing though, or dance. In fact, I dance very bad, as proved last night. Thanks anyway mate!

Cheers, however it says the page no longer exists??

I have a covering letter and new cv all typed up, spent about a day on each!

The hard it is having to prepare a 10 minute presentation on myself, I wasn't sure weather to keep it boring, simple but professional like everybody else's or go with more personal and light hearted theme such as...

"Carling don't do Assistant General Managers...."

The job is the AGM job a the gym I already work stand has always been part of my an to eventually go for it and I REALLY want the job!

sorry about that.

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/job_applications_what_do_employers_want.htm I got it from typing in "job application adviv selling your skills" into google and this came up top, the page is still there , it must be my link. Personally I wouldn't go for a humourous presentaion, very high risk. good luck with it. I hope you let us know how you got on.

sorry about that.

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/job_applications_what_do_employers_want.htm I got it from typing in "job application adviv selling your skills" into google and this came up top, the page is still there , it must be my link. Personally I wouldn't go for a humourous presentaion, very high risk. good luck with it. I hope you let us know how you got on.

Yeah, having thought about it a bit more I'd agree with the presentation/humor bit, I'll keep it simple! Cheers, ,I'll let you know, it's quite a long process though.