Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I was trying to connect to the free wifi in Wetherspoons last night on the wife's smartphone and I couldn't work out how to get on. Does anyone know?

You have to ask at the bar for a pint of Mimosa, they'll give you a scratch card. Scratch it with a dirty penny. If you get 2 bells and 1 door handle, bring it back to the barman, and he'll give you a code to put into your phone at the Wetherspoons' webpage. You'll be swiftly redirected to lemonparty.org, where you can get the rest of the password to get free wifi. :thumbup:

The cloud wifi?

You need to connect to it like you would any other open wifi, then open the internet browser and log-in to the cloud.

Do you need to be registered? When I tried it asked me for an email address and password.

sorry about that.

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/job_applications_what_do_employers_want.htm I got it from typing in "job application adviv selling your skills" into google and this came up top, the page is still there , it must be my link. Personally I wouldn't go for a humourous presentaion, very high risk. good luck with it. I hope you let us know how you got on.

Put my application in for the job today, totally re-wrote my CV a number of times and spent absolutely hours on it! The covering letter is worthy of a nobel peace prize. Not been told what the presentation is on yet but that will come in due course I imagine.

Not sure I'm going to get it as there is another strong candidate already here and also it is now open to any outside clients now too.

I have another question....

I've updated my iPad to iOS 6 and the YouTube app has been replaced with a Clock app and the YouTube website doesn't work??

WTF IS GOING ON?????

They've distanced themselves from all things Google related, presumably because their main competitor OS is Android. Hence the Google Maps have been replaced with a system that doesn't recognise my town and is about as hi-res as Space Invaders. The default search is now Bing, too.

As a word of warning to anybody with Apple devices: Don't update to iOS 6. It's the equivalent of upgrading your PC by tipping a jug of water over the motherboard.

Edited by BornBlue

It was a specific app anyway wasn't it? It just came automatically

Sorry, I meant that Google have released their own specific app, the previous one involved Apple as well. I don't know who instigated that one.

They've distanced themselves from all things Google related, presumably because their main competitor OS is Android. Hence the Google Maps have been replaced with a system that doesn't recognise my town and is about as hi-res as Space Invaders. The default search is now Bing, too.

As a word of warning to anybody with Apple devices: Don't update to iOS 6. It's the equivalent of upgrading your PC by tipping a jug of water over the motherboard.

The contract that Apple had with Google ran out so presumably they viewed it as the perfect time. I'm still not sure how the maps ended up so shambolic given that it's "powered" by TomTom. It explains when there isn't some of the detail you get on Google (because the main need is for roads when you use a TomTom) but somethings are fantastically awful.