Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

If you saw someone drop a £20 note and continue walking unawares, and there was nobody else around, would you tell the person or pick up the note for yourself?

Don't even have to think about it. Pick it up and give it back.

Guest MattP

If you saw someone drop a £20 note and continue walking unawares, and there was nobody else around, would you tell the person or pick up the note for yourself?

I'd worry about anyone who didn't give it back.

I have 11 days to plan a stag do in the Loughborough / Leicester area. What the fvck do I do?

You just planning to go out and get pissed and humiliate him or you planning on doing something in the day like Karting or paintball?

I'd give it back, once I saw one fall out of an old lady's handbag when I was about 9 ish, and gave it back to her, she then took me to the newsagent and got me some sweets. lol

You just planning to go out and get pissed and humiliate him or you planning on doing something in the day like Karting or paintball?

The ideal situation is something entertaining in the afternoon in walking distance of a city / town centre in which to get pissed later.

EDIT: In Leicestershire somewhere.

Edited by BornBlue

The ideal situation is something entertaining in the afternoon in walking distance of a city / town centre in which to get pissed later.

EDIT: In Leicestershire somewhere.

Ah because I was going to say there's a Karting place out nears Wymeswold, went there for my mates stag last year, but obviously it's not exactly walking distance from a town centre. If you going to try and embarrass him on the night, if you're struggling, I'd get together with a few mutual friends and talk about a few ideas what to do to him. You guys know him better than anyone, and will know how far to take it.

Done it a couple of times at bars/shops. Tap on the shoulder, give it back. If it's just sitting in the middle of the street and I din't have a clue who dropped it then I'd probably just pick it up.

Done it a couple of times at bars/shops. Tap on the shoulder, give it back. If it's just sitting in the middle of the street and I din't have a clue who dropped it then I'd probably just pick it up.

This.

My conscience wouldn't let me keep it if I knew who dropped it. Karma would get me back if I kept it after knowing who was careless enough to drop that much!

pick the note up , chase after the person and give it to them.

Surprisingly happens quite a lot.

A few years ago the Mercury did a sort of test whereby they sent a reporter to the cash point where he withdrew some cash and "forgot" a £10/£20 note in the machine, they had a photographer take photos of the people behind him in the que, they were published but blurred out the faces of the less than honest ones.

Also, Derren Brown did an experiment where he got a wallet, stuffed it with cash and left it open on the floor of a busy city centre with the notes fanned out, clearly visible for all to see. All he did was spray a red circle around the wallet on the floor and set up a hidden camera - not one person touched it.

As for me, if I saw somebody drop the cash, I would hand it back without a second thought. I once found a purse in the back of a taxi, which i handed in to the police too (no cash in it - im im brutally honest, i would probably have kept it if there was). I did find a £20 sticking out of a deserted cash point after work one Sunday night when town was dead so I pocketed that.

I reckon anything up to a few grand I would hand in if I found it lying around, if there was £5000 in a bag, I'd probably snaffle up a couple of G to clear my credit card and hand the rest in - if it had owners details with it I'd hand it all in.

A few years ago the Mercury did a sort of test whereby they sent a reporter to the cash point where he withdrew some cash and "forgot" a £10/£20 note in the machine, they had a photographer take photos of the people behind him in the que, they were published but blurred out the faces of the less than honest ones.

Also, Derren Brown did an experiment where he got a wallet, stuffed it with cash and left it open on the floor of a busy city centre with the notes fanned out, clearly visible for all to see. All he did was spray a red circle around the wallet on the floor and set up a hidden camera - not one person touched it.

As for me, if I saw somebody drop the cash, I would hand it back without a second thought. I once found a purse in the back of a taxi, which i handed in to the police too (no cash in it - im im brutally honest, i would probably have kept it if there was). I did find a £20 sticking out of a deserted cash point after work one Sunday night when town was dead so I pocketed that.

I reckon anything up to a few grand I would hand in if I found it lying around, if there was £5000 in a bag, I'd probably snaffle up a couple of G to clear my credit card and hand the rest in - if it had owners details with it I'd hand it all in.

if you found a bag with that amount you'd be best to leave the fookin thing well alone , it sounds like it could belong to some seriously dodgy characters :D

if you found a bag with that amount you'd be best to leave the fookin thing well alone , it sounds like it could belong to some seriously dodgy characters :D

I dunno, I've walked around with that sort of cash before (not mine unfortunately) when buying and selling cars or taking one of the accounts girls to the bank for the old company I used to work for, I would be wary though.

I have another question....

I've updated my iPad to iOS 6 and the YouTube app has been replaced with a Clock app and the YouTube website doesn't work??

WTF IS GOING ON?????

They've distanced themselves from all things Google related, presumably because their main competitor OS is Android. Hence the Google Maps have been replaced with a system that doesn't recognise my town and is about as hi-res as Space Invaders. The default search is now Bing, too.

As a word of warning to anybody with Apple devices: Don't update to iOS 6. It's the equivalent of upgrading your PC by tipping a jug of water over the motherboard.

I thought apple's hilariously shit new maps must have been some kind of technical error, but apparently not. Why anyone still buys that garbage brand is beyond me. They were never that good to begin with, now they're just milking the brand for every penny they can get by churning out crap.

ASdXglK8TUK651RIzrWhgA2.jpg

• Like 1