Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Do some mobile numbers only have 10 digits? I got a call earlier, but didn't take it as I was at work. It was an 07 number and only had 10 digits. I've rang and text it but neither will go through.

They're playing with your mind :ph34r:

How many miles does the average person travel in an average lifetime of 75 years? Taking into account all modes of transport, including walking. I think it's impossible to answer.

DAMMIT, Google... 3658753

why didn't I look before posting :(

What happens to the corpses of birds after they die? There must be a few thousand die every day but I've not heard any dropping dead mid fligfht and landing on someones head.

From the RSPB website...

Despite the fact that there are numerous flocks of birds, which are often seen while alive, people rarely see pavements littered with the bodies of dead birds. Most birds in the wild only live for a few years, and very few will die from 'natural' causes. They are very unlikely to survive to old age for example.

Small birds are a vital link in a food chain, eating insects, other invertebrates and small amphibians, and are in turn predated themselves by other birds and mammals. This is one reason why they have so many young: to compensate for predation, and why they are able to breed at such a young age - usually the year after they're born if they survive the winter.

Passerines in particular (which include most common garden birds) produce large numbers of offspring, the majority of which do not survive to adulthood. Many young and weak birds will probably subject to predation before dying of disease or old age.

Birds, like many other creatures, will seek secluded, out-of-the-way places when they're feeling sick - woodpeckers will climb into a hole in a tree, for example. Sick birds will go to ground and because they feel vulnerable they will hide away. Sometimes, rest and seclusion help them to recover, but if they die there, they sometimes won't be found in their hideouts.

Of course, in nature, things very often work in tandem. Scavengers and predators, such as rats, cats or foxes, can usually seek out these hideouts for prey. Often, these predators will eat the prey themselves or take them back to feed their young, which is why it's rare to find the remains of dead birds. Due to a bird's light body mass, those that aren't found by predators or scavengers will decompose rapidly. Insects will cover any dead body quickly and the bird would soon decay before it is found

You find quite a lot of dead birds on the beach. Die over the sea and washed in. They are then eaten by scavengers , washed out again or get covered by the sand /stones.

why do scottish football games finish before english ones when they kick off at the same time.

The first results to come in are always scottish ones....never knew why.

The further north you go , the days become shorter , therefore 90 minutes is shorter in Scotland than England :)

What happens to the corpses of birds after they die? There must be a few thousand die every day but I've not heard any dropping dead mid fligfht and landing on someones head.

they often fall on the heads of military types

IMG_1069-plumed-hats.jpg

I'm currently applying for a graduate scheme - the current question has had me thinking quite a bit. It's asking for examples of recent setbacks or disappointments and how I over came it? I want to set the right tone but not sure what constitutes a good or bad example. Any help guys on how to pitch my answer? As not really had any personal set backs that I can recall recently...

Edited by vandamman

I'm currently applying for a graduate scheme - the current question has had me thinking quite a bit. It's asking for examples of recent setbacks or disappointments and how I over came it? I want to set the right tone but not sure what constitutes a good or bad example. Any help guys on how to pitch my answer? As not really had any personal set backs that I can recall recently...

Give an example of attempting something and it not working out as you had hoped. You then gave some time to critically reflect on your approach, sought advice and expertise from those more experienced than you, then readdressed said issue - preferably in a positive outcome that you could measure. It doesn't really matter if the issue is social, work based or your approach to mending an engine - they are looking for a critical thinker that doesn't give up and recognises that he doesn't know it all and get things right first time every time.

Probably best not use the matrix to run through your first sexual experience though followed by a subsequent more successful attempt - use something more appropriate.

Edited by Nick