Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Is it normal for your arm to feel like it's been punched really hard after an injection?

I mean like a few hours after.

If the person who did it is shit, yeah.

If i'd done it you'd never have felt a thing, then again only the shittiest nurses work at GP's and occu health centres.

In their defence however, many vaccines are usually given intra-muscular, which can hurt like a bitch no matter how delicately they're given.

To summarise, i'm drunk and talking bollocks.

Edited by z-layrex

Is it normal for your arm to feel like it's been punched really hard after an injection?

Depends on the injection, I think.

I remember having a yellow fever inoculation years ago and for 24 hours I felt like Mike Tyson had punched me in the arm. A few months later, I had a cholera inoculation and for 24 hours felt like Tyson had kicked me up the arse. Couldn't sit down!

Maybe, though, they were just incompetent and have ripped through all your muscle tissue and you'll never use that arm again.

Why is my penis a different colour to the rest of my body?

Your going to have to specify on what colour it is.

Blue means you have your cock ring on too tight.

Green means you should probably wash it a bit more often.

Red is most likely lipstick or your lady's monthly present, try washing it.

Brown is... Well I think you know what brown is.

If it is tartan then get to the doctor quick.

OK, sensible answer. It does depend on the injection site, the type of injection and the amount being injected. Normally Intramuscular injections are given in the upper arm as it is easy to access and has a reasonable amount of muscular tissue. If it's much more than 1 ml in quantity it will be sore for a while as the fluid has to "sit" within the muscle fibres and can feel like a bruise before it is fully absorbed.

Some injected medicines can take longer to be absorbed and may also produce a feeling of being bruised.

I assume you're talking about the 'flu jab, in which case you're a pussy. :P