Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Anyone know what a FS officer is?

just had an email off someone who saw my CV on jobsite and propose to offer me a job. Does not say who the company is or where it is. The only clue is who it is from. name@litaltd Lita is a japanese car but cannot see an adderess in the UK.

It is only 2-3 hours a day Mon thru Friday and pay looks good for the hours. There is 4 weeks holiday a year and health plans included. There is a trial period of 30 days when all the above come into affect.

All there is on the email is a place to put my contact details to confirm identity and am to arrange to meet the sender so I can start ASAP.

After what happened with that other place that semed eager to set me on I am suspicious of strange offers. I wont say what the salary is but its about what I got for over 40 hours when in security. Maybe more. So whatever a FS officer is it seems a good job.

Perhaps they think you're Kevin Costner and it's Foreign Security. Of course you could be on a "suckers" list but they've not asked for any bank details yet have they?

Not yet just contact details. I did google it and looked up the senders name on Linkedon. There are a couple in Leicester and I believe one was a finacial company. Just strange no further details were given Plus I don't think the email was that well written.

First line.

Congratulations! Based on your CV on jobsite.co.uk we to propose you following job.

Not yet just contact details. I did google it and looked up the senders name on Linkedon. There are a couple in Leicester and I believe one was a finacial company. Just strange no further details were given Plus I don't think the email was that well written.

First line.

Congratulations! Based on your CV on jobsite.co.uk we to propose you following job.

Yeah, looks dodgy.

Just had an email off my brother he says dodgy too. He mentioned philsning but there were no links. It wasn't even a proper form to fill in just a space at the bottom with Nam Address etc that I had to type in from the reply.

I did say I needed the companies name and location.

Why can't I be offered proper jobs?

Anyone know a free graph drawing software online where you can plot points and the software can draw a line of best fit?

Need it for chemistry coursework. Thanks in advance although finding one seems unlikely

Open office's broadsheet (excel) should work. Just google open office org.

Just had this off my brother. re that job.

I suggest that this is almost 100% certainly a spam

http://suckerswanted.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/anonymous-job-offer-namewordlettergmail.html

is just one site that you could find if you put in " job offers by gmail spam" into google

They are offering £30 per hour :-) hilarious

notice they asked for contact number and preferred call time expect a call where they will be very nice but want something from you up front or similar

A good way to spot spam is often by the language "we to propose you the following job" is not English as we know it is it?

How can a probationary period be 30 days from application when you do yet even have a job as you have only just applied - no logic at all!

Employee benefits are not even remotely standard in UK as we have the NHS so that is clearly crap. Do we have "vacations" in UK? I dont think so, we have holidays

Filling out a form does not "verify identity" but asking for all sorts of other stuff might like bank account details or "please install this on your computer" which is the Microsoft support scam

This is clearly 100% bollocks :-)

If they call you hang up as quickly as possible. You are too trusting and are not experienced enough to see through these scumbags

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Is it more economical to put, say, £15 of fuel in your car at regular intervals, than to fill up in one go, based on the additional weight of a full tank?

I've found that it is more economical to fill the car up. The weight isn't really that much of a difference.

Is it more economical to put, say, £15 of fuel in your car at regular intervals, than to fill up in one go, based on the additional weight of a full tank?

It probably is provided you that do not have to make any detours from your routes or make special trips to do this.

Extra weight in the car does have quite an effect on consumption .

Wouldn't it be better to syphon off fuel from your ambulance instead ?

It probably is provided you that do not have to make any detours from your routes or make special trips to do this.

Extra weight in the car does have quite an effect on consumption .

Wouldn't it be better to syphon off fuel from your ambulance instead ?

Diesel dosn't work too well in my car, but it's worth considering a new motor if I can get free fuel on the NHS. :ph34r:

Why are there are premiership fixtures in the midweek, there is no international tournament next year so I can't see the need for the fixture congestion?

It's sad that there are rarely any midweek premiership fixtures these days, apart from the odd few that are selected for tv broadcasting. Can't beat a night game under the floodlights, certainly something I'll miss should we go up, as well as normal kickoff times.

It's sad that there are rarely any midweek premiership fixtures these days, apart from the odd few that are selected for tv broadcasting. Can't beat a night game under the floodlights, certainly something I'll miss should we go up, as well as normal kickoff times.

Agreed. Really like midweek football. Two games a week is hardly congestion either.

Why are there are premiership fixtures in the midweek, there is no international tournament next year so I can't see the need for the fixture congestion?

Didn't the season kick off late after the Olympics? That's probably why, looking forward to a Wednesday MOTD for whatever reason.

Why has the 'Questions for BunkMoreland' thread been deleted? FFS.

What am I supposed to read now, another blummin political bollox chat?

You missed a right old kerfuffle. A new user joined claiming to know daggers in real life and said he'd seen daggers and nick together in a field trying to catch goats and sheep with a homemade snare made from a bamboo pole, an old basketball ring and some fishing line. Said he couldn't be sure because it was dark but it looked like they were both naked. Daggers strongly denied this but then another user came on and posted candid pics of daggers and nick climbing over a fence into a field each with a snare across their shoulder earlier that same night. At this point nick panics and admits he was trying to catch animals but that there nothing sexual about it. Then the guy with the pictures posts another pic which is hard to make out but looks for all the world like daggers inserting buttonhead into the back end of a badger. Poor thing looked terrified. At this point everyone starts claiming the photo looks shopped, as if daggers head has been stuck on, and sphericalfox admits he is the new posters and the photos were indeed fake. Everyone lol'd a bit but it quickly got strange again as questions were raised as to how sphericalfox came into possession of the original badger pic. A mountain of evidence began to mount that it was indeed spherical himself in the pic at which point the thread was deleted.

• Like 3