Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

What's the most amount of hours you can realistically keep up at work?

I work 9am - 5pm Mon - Fri currently but have an opportunity to work 6pm - midnight Mon - Fri as well. The hour between 5 and 6 would be taken up by travelling. I would still have weekends off. Could really do with the money, but concerned the 16 hour door to door day might be a little too much

I work 9am - 5pm Mon - Fri currently but have an opportunity to work 6pm - midnight Mon - Fri as well. The hour between 5 and 6 would be taken up by travelling. I would still have weekends off. Could really do with the money, but concerned the 16 hour door to door day might be a little too much

It would probably kill you...

I did that for about 2 years although not as extreme. 8am-5pm, then a series of one hour appointments (OI OI! WAHEY! OLE!) from 6pm - 10pm. Home by 10.30, dinner, bed.

It didn't even nearly kill me. I felt great and really enjoyed my weekends. That was before kid 1 though.

If the HMRC are reading (which would be odd as they never read my letters/emails about my tax code errors) all of the above is a fabrication.

Why can't cockney people pronounce the TH sound and always pronounce it like an F .

Henry Higgins taught Eliza this skill in a few days , why can't schools in London teach it to the kids ?

they can but it's not cool.

The French have a problem because the sound "th" doesn't exist in the French language. They have to train muscles that are not normally used for speaking.

Obviously French men are not that good at oral sex either - at least according to the French girls I speak with.

Edited by Guest

And you could have laid good money it'd be me.

If only it was true though.

To be fair working 9am - midnight 5 days a week, would seriously **** you up, it is more or less 2 full time jobs, obviously it depends on what the jobs are (resisting urge to make McDonalds joke) but unless the second job is something you really enjoy doing and neither job is very stressful and demanding it would be impossible, if they were 2 office based jobs then there is no scope for working late, over-time, and if you had a day off sick or a holiday you would have so much to catch up on you would be exhausted.

Why can't cockney people pronounce the TH sound and always pronounce it like an F .

Henry Higgins taught Eliza this skill in a few days , why can't schools in London teach it to the kids ?

I can't pronounce it either. It's a Nottingham thing too apparently.

Does anyone know if you can watch Sky go through your tv by connecting a lightning av adapter?

You can watch SKYGo through any mobile device in the UK - but not outside as far as I'm aware. If you connect them to the TV then you can watch it on your TV. I presume it's someone else's SKYGO.

You can watch SKYGo through any mobile device in the UK - but not outside as far as I'm aware. If you connect them to the TV then you can watch it on your TV. I presume it's someone else's SKYGO.

You can't watch SkyGo through a TV

You can't watch SkyGo through a TV

I linked a laptop to a TV and watched it last time I was in England. Perhaps things have changed or perhaps we're not talking about about the same thing thing. Isn't SKYgo the freebie way of watching you sky subscription when not at home? (btw it wasn't my subscription obviously)

It's my own Sky go I wanted to watch the football in my bedroom and thought I might have been able to watch it on my tv if I bought a cable to play it through my ipad.

Can your stomach rumble while you're asleep? :unsure:

Careful you will get some on here offering to come round a listen while you sleep, well don't believe them, it's a trap, they just want to sniff your undies, I on the other hand am a man of honour...

Anyway, I would say so, you fart and digest in your sleep so I don't see why not, although can't recall having ever heard it happen.