Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Why do so many illnesses come around at this time of year?

Because people spend more time indoors and around others, with the heating on, meaning the virus/bacterium (depending on the illness) is at a temperature it can survive at, and people being in close proximity means they can be spread more easily. If you want to avoid illness, you're better off trying to keep out in the cold, contrary to the old wives tale that you'll catch your death of cold.

• Like 1

Strange one but does anyone know around which year they introduced the baggage claim conveyer belts at airports?

Looked it up on google but can only find a song and some kind of dating advice site.

I haven't found the answer to your question but I have found a website that tells you whether a baggage carousel goes clockwise or anti-clockwise so you can save time when picking up your luggage. The internet is a weird and wonderful place...

http://www.dullmensclub.com/airport-luggage-carousels.html

Don't know how reliable this is, but...

http://wiki.answers....ggage_carousels

It's all lies:

TELFLEX was in this period specialized in ceiling chain conveyors for divers industry

I've done my fair share of diving and I've never come across a ceiling conveyor. :ph34r:

No no one did, and I'm not in any directories or anything :S

Oh you mean a company got it? I thought you meant an individual had it and one of your mates could have given it to them.

If you ticked a box, or didn't depending on the website, then it could be sold to companies when you've signed up for something.

Oh you mean a company got it? I thought you meant an individual had it and one of your mates could have given it to them.

If you ticked a box, or didn't depending on the website, then it could be sold to companies when you've signed up for something.

My school rang me on my mobile and i've never given them my number nor have my parents :S

Me not being at school today (I'm ill)

You or your folks probably filled it on a form and don't remember, I don't think it is anything to be suspicious about.

Secondly, why didn't you phone the school to let them know you were ill. It is the polite thing to do and saves you getting hassled.

You or your folks probably filled it on a form and don't remember, I don't think it is anything to be suspicious about.

Secondly, why didn't you phone the school to let them know you were ill. It is the polite thing to do and saves you getting hassled.

Too right, back in my day if you didn't ring in when you were ill it got marked as unauthorised absence.

Too right, back in my day if you didn't ring in when you were ill it got marked as unauthorised absence.

Nanny state.

ridiculous and also a waste of school money to be ringing or writing to each student/parent.

Perhaps more attention could be paid to teaching the kids at school. Many learn as little in a lesson as they would sick at home.

Nanny state.

ridiculous and also a waste of school money to be ringing or writing to each student/parent.

Perhaps more attention could be paid to teaching the kids at school. Many learn as little in a lesson as they would sick at home.

Yeah, because it's not like it would matter if that child was lying dead or injured in a ditch somewhere and the parents thought they were safely at school and had no idea something might be wrong until late that afternoon.

I very much doubt it's the teachers ringing, anyway - I think you'll find they're often in classrooms teaching - schools have these bizarre admin people who do admin-jobs like that.

:rolleyes:

• Like 4

Yeah, because it's not like it would matter if that child was lying dead or injured in a ditch somewhere and the parents thought they were safely at school and had no idea something might be wrong until late that afternoon.

I very much doubt it's the teachers ringing, anyway - I think you'll find they're often in classrooms teaching - schools have these bizarre admin people who do admin-jobs like that.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, right,

How many kids miss lessons each day? How many kids are lying dead in a ditch each day? Daft argument.

I didn't say the teachers were ringing, I was complaining about the waste of resources (human and monetary) for this task.