Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

No, just an ordinary Grammar School back in the day when we had Combined Cadet forces. I did briefly go to a boarding school with it's own glider but as it had to be launched by a team of boys pulling it along it never flew.

lol

I've just check out the ticket prices to see the Who in Birmingham, £120. Is that normal?

Jeeeez. I remember seeing them in Brum in 2004 for about £20, supported by a then little known Leicester based outfit called Kasabian.

But for £120 I'd expect to be so close to the stage I could feel the breeze of Daltrey's spinning microphone.

I've just check out the ticket prices to see the Who in Birmingham, £120. Is that normal?

I checked out Bon Jovi tickets last week (for my Mum's birthday present!) and was looking at somewhere between £90 and £145. I didn't bother!

They were giving a free concert in Central Park when I was in New York about 5 years ago

...............I didn't bother

lol Don't blame you, I wouldn't have bothered if they;d offered to pay me. I wouldn't mind but I'm sure she paid something like £45 to see them at the Ricoh Arena a couple of years ago.

lol Don't blame you, I wouldn't have bothered if they;d offered to pay me. I wouldn't mind but I'm sure she paid something like £45 to see them at the Ricoh Arena a couple of years ago.

I've actually seen them before ...............2 nights running!! It was at Milton Keynes Bowl around 20 yrs ago & I didn't pay. I used to do mobile catering at concerts, Formula One, Glastonbury, Reading, things like that. Saw some amazing stuff........saw some rubbish too!!

As long as people will pay it........they will keep charging stupid amounts. I can understand the Rolling Stones & The Who cashing in - it might be their last chance before they check out. Unfortunately, Bon Jovi have a fair few years left in them.

When did Weetabix become so seedy?

Got some of their Oaty bars today and was shocked to find that one is called the Chocolate Smasher and the other is the White Chocolate Shooter.

Do you mean seedy as in morally questionable , or seedy as in packed with grainy seeds ?

Do you mean seedy as in morally questionable , or seedy as in packed with grainy seeds ?

:D I meant the former, as they have always been the latter.

I was going to put 'pervy' but thought that was going a bit far for Weetabix. Save that word for the Saville's of the world.

I've booked a flight with Ryanair over t'internet and it says on the email confirmation that I j=have to print off the boarding passes (fair enough) and produce them at check-in along with a "document approved by Ryanair".

What document do they mean?

I've booked a flight with Ryanair over t'internet and it says on the email confirmation that I j=have to print off the boarding passes (fair enough) and produce them at check-in along with a "document approved by Ryanair".

Passport?

I think they are referring to your passport. I've flown with Ryanair & I can't think of any other documents?

Does anyone know the title of a folky type song that I heard sung in a Spanish bar a while back .

The singer had a geordie accent but i'm not sure if it's a geordie song

It was something about a coalminer who didn’t want to go back underground and wanted to see the sun again.

I‘m not sure if it was about a mining accident or suffering with breathing coal dust or something but it was a really sad and weepy sort of song?

thanks

No I’m sure it was never a hit pop song, very much a folk club type song.

The main thrust of the song is the singer’s dread of going underground in the mine again.

But I can’t actually think of any, or enough of the lyrics yet to give any more clues to it.

Had a driving lesson yesterday. I was on a dual carriageway, I wanted to move to the right lane however there is a car right next to me doing the same speed I am. I tried to ease off the accelerator and to drop back but annoyingly enough the car remain at the same speed as me. Should I have speeded up and move over ( I think its illegal) or ease off even more and drop back?

Edited by ChickenBoy

Had a driving lesson yesterday. I was on a dual carriageway, I wanted to move to the right lane however there is a car right next to me doing the same speed I am. I tried to ease off the accelerator and to drop back but annoyingly enough the car remain at the same speed as me. Should I have speeded up and move over ( I think its illegal) or ease off even more and drop back?

Why didn't you ask your driving instructor??

Depends what speed you would have had to do to move over. It's not illegal to overtake on your driving test if in a safe place and not breaking the speed limit.

I went school with a girl who failed her driving test because she was following a tractor and her speed was 20mph on a country road.

I call those ****ers wingmen. They just hover on your shoulder, trapping you in the same position. Wankers.