Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Does anyone know what exactly a banking company called Metavane does. I just discovered that they somehow billed me for their services on my mobile bill.

From Wikipedia:

Metavante Technologies, Inc., through its subsidiary, Metavante Corporation,provided financial technology services, software and financial services regulatory advice and consulting to its customers

Noʇ ʇÇllıuƃ

.ʇnoqÉ buıʞ1Éʇ Çɹ,noÊŽ ʇÉÉ¥Ê ÉÇpı ou ÇÊŒÉÉ¥ ı

Çlƃooפ ƃuıʞsÉ ÊŽÉ¹Ê‡

spÉl dlÇÉ¥ Çɥʇ ɹoÉŸ sÊžuÉɥʇ

Edited by jonthefox

Cowboy builders- why do companies give out free kitchens etc? I know they may be sympathetic to the victims but you'd have though they'd insist on some free advertising or ask that they're mentioned in the credits at the end of the program.

Does John the scouse get paid by broadcasters?

I'd presume that the positive press they get in their local area (the local rag will be all over it for instance) is much more valuable than someone on the other end of the country seeing their name in the credits. I've never had a new kitchen so this could be balls but I'd imagine a large proportion of the cost is labour so it won't even cost them too much relatively speaking.

Are water rates based on how much you use or just a fixed (subject to inflation) sum?

Have you got a water meter ? if so then you are charged by cubic metre used and sewage at a % of that , if not i would say it's fixed .

Are water rates based on how much you use or just a fixed (subject to inflation) sum?

If you have a meter, then you will be charged against how much you use. If you don't have a meter - you can use as much as you like & still only pay a fixed amount.

If you live alone, you may be eligible for a reduction in your rates........by about a third (I think?). I lived alone a few years ago & instead of paying something like £300 a year, I paid £200. However, this only applies if you don't have a water meter & one can't be fitted. I lived above a shop & I shared the water supply with the shop - a meter could not be fitted. If you do live alone, then Severn Trent will visit to see if a meter can be fitted before giving you a reduction.

I'd presume that the positive press they get in their local area (the local rag will be all over it for instance) is much more valuable than someone on the other end of the country seeing their name in the credits. I've never had a new kitchen so this could be balls but I'd imagine a large proportion of the cost is labour so it won't even cost them too much relatively speaking.

This is true. You can get a full bathroom suite for 100 quid. But the labour is going to be free still, diverting the tradesman from q job where he'd actually be earning money, thus making even more of a loss