Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Who the fvck is 'NFFC Chris'?

I see him online everytime I look at the online list, from 4am to noon and dusk you can bet he is poking around . . . . but Ive never seen him actually post

That's Chris, he's a Forest fan. He lives in Auckland, New Zealand, from where he visits in the evenings after work and when he wakes up.

Does anyone work in printing or can anyone give any advice about leafleting & prices?

I am a self-employed gardener & things are going ok. I've sort of got a friend involved & want to do a local leaflet drop......as an experiment to see what comes of it. Nothing major......something like 5000 (maybe more?). I have enough work for myself, but not enough to keep my mate in full time work. If we can pull in a few extra customers??

Had a look online at things like Vistaprint & it's a minefield. Too many options & prices all over the place.

We don't want anything fancy A basic design on a postcard sort of size & quality card.

Has anyone done this type of thing & can anyone offer any advice? Recommend a website or local company? Do leaflet drops work??

Gartree Press onchurchgate did me 5000 A5 Glossy leaflets double sided for £99.

I use them a lot to be honest. I have a very basic knowledge of certain types of print. Feel free to PM me some questions

EDIT: http://www.gartree.com/

Nice one mate. It's all a bit confusing for an old duffer like me!!

I'll check the website out & probably nip down. It's so much easier dealing with people face-to-face & seeing what you're actually getting for your money. That sounds about the figure I was thinking of paying & they must be reasonably trustworthy.....if you have gone back with more orders. Cheers!!

Nice one mate. It's all a bit confusing for an old duffer like me!!

I'll check the website out & probably nip down. It's so much easier dealing with people face-to-face & seeing what you're actually getting for your money. That sounds about the figure I was thinking of paying & they must be reasonably trustworthy.....if you have gone back with more orders. Cheers!!

Yes I would certainly recommend going in, ask for Casey. Also, if it's something that concerns you, you get to support a local business - I normally go in for that sort of stuff.

EDIT: the offer on the website is £99 for 2500 flyers, perhaps go for normal paper and they may do 5000 for you!

Edited by blue-army-andy

Yes I would certainly recommend going in, ask for Casey. Also, if it's something that concerns you, you get to support a local business - I normally go in for that sort of stuff.

It might be a few quid cheaper over the internet, but I don't mind paying a bit extra for peace of mind & I'm all for a bit of local 'back-scratching'. I get my car, works van & mowers serviced by a local mechanic & I maintain his garden. I give his number to potential customers & he does the same for me. It's a fair trade!!

I remembered there was a big thread about driving, I have searched for it and can't find it so would anyone be kind and bump it for me so I can 'humble-brag' that I have passed my driving test!

Would it count as a humblebrag if it's in a thread where most contributors already drive anyway?

Congrats btw!

Would it count as a humblebrag if it's in a thread where most contributors already drive anyway?

Congrats btw!

It would have counted because majority of the posts were about learning to drive. Beside someone needs to catch up with MattP in humblebragging stakes.

Edited by ChickenBoy

When did the Bank of England become the Central Bank of the UK?

What does it mean ?

Basically it means they're in charge of the national interest rate which they manipulate to try and keep inflation at pre-determined target level (around 3% iirc). They do other stuff too, but that's their main function.

Couldn't tell you when it was made(I think it's always been a central bank, could be wrong), wikipedia probably knows though.