Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

How that prune-faced chubby waste of space continues to be the face of itv football is a myth more shrouded in questions than the moon landings, Area 51 and the true happening of Wymseys date night all rolled into one. Can't stand the guy. My god I'm in a foul mood tonight.

It's because he was mildly successful on BBC, and ITV still think that it is the people that make the BBC infinitely better than ITV and not integrity, production values and a genuine love of the game. So they think that by poaching their staff they will be as good as the BBC. If they stopped spunking their budget on shit pundits and actually tried to make a decent program where the actual football is the star, then they might actually stop being a laughing stock.

How that prune-faced chubby waste of space continues to be the face of itv football is a myth more shrouded in questions than the moon landings, Area 51 and the true happening of Wymseys date night all rolled into one. Can't stand the guy. My god I'm in a foul mood tonight.

It's because he was mildly successful on BBC, and ITV still think that it is the people that make the BBC infinitely better than ITV and not integrity, production values and a genuine love of the game. So they think that by poaching their staff they will be as good as the BBC. If they stopped spunking their budget on shit pundits and actually tried to make a decent program where the actual football is the star, then they might actually stop being a laughing stock.

I agree.

He was bearable on the BBC where his casualness and irreverence fitted the MOTD2 format. I hate how they've also taken his "funny observations" that they show before and after breaks. I've said it before but when there's footage of a bird sat on the crossbar with a Chiles voiceover saying "Well, he's got the best seat in the house", he should be strung up from said crossbar at halftime.

Excellent post as always.

I agree.

He was bearable on the BBC where his casualness and irreverence fitted the MOTD2 format. I hate how they've also taken his "funny observations" that they show before and after breaks. I've said it before but when there's footage of a bird sat on the crossbar with a Chiles voiceover saying "Well, he's got the best seat in the house", he should be strung up from said crossbar at halftime.

ITV are unable to nurture their own broadcaster talent because the majority of their output is garbage. In line with their massively populist ethos, they poach presenters on the crest of a mid-sized wave of popularity and milk their likeability until it's all gone.

They employ the same strategy when it comes to programme formats too.

Can I just say I thought Adrian Chiles was an arsehole on BBC as well.

Yeah not many people would really disagree, but within the context of the lighthearted irreverent younger brother that was match of the day 2 it worked. Not necessarily because of anything Chiles did, but because the format and the chemistry with the co presenters worked.

You can imagine ITV would try and poach Lineker, like they did with Des and he would be shit because he would be presenting a shit show with clueless producers and no idea what football fans want. Lets be honest Lineker is a shit presenter, but it works because motd producers clearly want to make a good football show and not just stick footy on and expect everyone to watch it.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

I've been challenged to a drinking competition tonight and i want to end it quickly to save money - do spoons tend to sell chartreuse?

If not then I can't red-dwarf it, so does anyone remember any torture shooters from their student days?

You don't have to accept stupid challenges like this . This is how young men often end up in A&E

Laugh the challenge off

• Like 1

A man shouldn't decline challenges he'll easily win. My concern is for my wallet, my liver is indestructible.

Your liver is young mate don't confuse that with indestructible. However I can't see an old fart like me convincing you otherwise and as I intend to abuse my liver this weekend I would be being hypocritical.

Edited by 1964FOX

He could always treat himself....it'll free up a space in A & E.

:D

i had the misfortune to visit A&E the other week ( not for myself , I just took a neighbor) and to be quite honest i think i'd rather treat myself if i'm still conscious .

Your liver is young mate don't confuse that with indestructible. However I can't see an old fart like me convincing you otherwise and as I intend to abuse my liver this weekend I would be being hypocritical.

Young? It's well known that supporting city ages you by at least a decade.

Still, I can and have drank beyond the point where people younger than me have hit alcohol poisoning without feeling much, and only having a slight headache the following day.