Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

No shout out, no care. I have to go back on shift, my break has finished.

Sucks to be you.

Ahh, or rather you don't because you're still in denial about the whole being gay thing.

Oh well, someone play some Bronski Beat for him anyways.

Why do things like coins , bottle tops etc easily stick to my forehead if i slap them against it , but not to any other part of

my body ?( i think i've tried most bits now)

I'm at my wits end looking for an answer . please help me FT

Is the song This Charming Man by The Smiths about gays?

Just listened to it cos I think it's pretty snazzy, but read a worrying comment that it's about a gay scene. I'm now quite horrified because I'm sure I turned it up when it came on the radio the other Saturday afternoon when I was in the kitchen making a cup of tea - with the f*&king window open.

Edited by El Empty

Just listened to it cos I think it's pretty snazzy, but read a worrying comment that it's about a gay scene. I'm now quite horrified because I'm sure I turned it up when it came on the radio the other Saturday afternoon when I was in the kitchen making a cup of tea - with the f*&king window open.

As long as you were not wearing a pink tank top you should be able to front it out. :D

Did you at any time.. either click your fingers.. or ... dance? whilst listening. If so, you are officially gay and should go directly to..church

As long as you were not wearing a pink tank top you should be able to front it out. :D

I was probably wearing a manly white vest and some bermuda shorts :ph34r:

Did you at any time.. either click your fingers.. or ... dance? whilst listening. If so, you are officially gay and should go directly to..church

Defo would have bust a couple of moves, probably the chicken dance with arms bent at the elbow - that's my usual fridge to kitchen counter maneuver.

Question - Deucalion, why did you pick that username?

I was probably wearing a manly white vest and some bermuda shorts :ph34r:

Defo would have bust a couple of moves, probably the chicken dance with arms bent at the elbow - that's my usual fridge to kitchen counter maneuver.

You clearly make Rylan look butch.

Deucalion may refer to:

• Deucalion, the son of Prometheus, survivor of the Deucalian Deluge
  • Deucalion, a red alga genus in the family Wrangeliaceae
  • Deucalion of Crete, the son of Minos and Pasiphae, and apparently succeeded his older brother Catreus as King of Crete, father of Idomeneus
  • Deucalion (novel), a 1995 novel by Brian Caswell
  • Deucalion, a soldier Achilles kills in the Iliad to avenge the death of Patroclus
  • 53311 Deucalion, an asteroid
  • Deucalion, one of the names of the main character from Dean Koontz and Kevin J. Anderson's series of novels, Dean Koontz's Frankenstein
  • Deucalion, a vampiric bloodline in the roleplaying game Vampire: The Requiem by White Wolf, Inc.
  • Deucalion, the name of a dragon in Dianna Wynne Jones book Dark Lord of Derkholm
  • Deucalion, the name of a fictional spaceship in Kiddy Grade

I vote for number 8, he or she is part of a vampiric bloodline.

What inspired yours El?

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

You clearly make Rylan look butch.

lol Not a clue who that is!

I vote for number 8, he or she is part of a vampiric bloodline.

What inspired yours El?

I'll be slightly disappointed if that's the case! I thought it was going to be some epic reason to do with the son of Prometheus!

Mine is just a nickname I had about aged 15. At a non-league football match a copper walked past me and my mates and said "Always one under-age drinking on an empty head". The name stuck after that although I'm known for being highly intellectualised lol

I wouldn't take anything serious unless it's official Smiths stuff (if you get me).

Example... There were/are a lot of things about Beatles' lyrics, but when I got their lyrics book which talks about what every song is about, what I'd read previously was wrong.

Great song either way though, not sure. Love The Smiths.

Edited by Fox92

I wouldn't take anything serious unless it's official Smiths stuff (if you get me).

Example... There were/are a lot of things about Beatles' lyrics, but when I got their lyrics book which talks about what every song is about, what I'd read previously was wrong.

Great song either way though, not sure. Love The Smiths.

It was a comment on Youtube so it's probably rubbish. I just wondered if I was missing something blatant! Might give The Smiths a bit more of a listen to see if there's anymore I like.

Question - Who is this Charlie Brooker fella that people are getting vexed about? Should I know his work? Flowwolf dunna like him that's for sure!

Question - Who is this Charlie Brooker fella that people are getting vexed about? Should I know his work? Flowwolf dunna like him that's for sure!

He's a writer for the guardian. A complete idiot, by all accounts, who has never written an insightful word in his life. Rivalled only by Polly Toynbee for his ability to be completely wrong about every single thing he writes about, every time he writes about it, week after week after week after week, and yet still get readers (the majority of whom I must assume read it out fascination for how someone can be so consistantly wrong, but some of whom, bizzarely, must surely be taking him seriously).

He's a writer for the guardian. A complete idiot, by all accounts, who has never written an insightful word in his life. Rivalled only by Polly Toynbee for his ability to be completely wrong about every single thing he writes about, every time he writes about it, week after week after week after week, and yet still get readers (the majority of whom I must assume read it out fascination for how someone can be so consistantly wrong, but some of whom, bizzarely, must surely be taking him seriously).

There is probably no better endorsement for him than that he makes moose and his kind this upset.

He is actually more of a comedian/columnist, dealing mainly in satire, his targets are generally media and social culture, but he does also tend to have a pop at politics. His latest weekly wipe show is a bit hit and miss but his ranting is generally quite funny and well observed. His finest and most oft repeated moment was a bit about media sensationalism of gun spree style killers.

I'm guessing he said something nasty about Thatcher that got some people's backs up, if anyone has the link I'm sure I will enjoy reading it.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

There is probably no better endorsement for him than that he makes moose and his kind this upset.

He is actually more of a comedian/columnist, dealing mainly in satire, his targets are generally media and social culture, but he does also tend to have a pop at politics. His latest weekly wipe show is a bit hit and miss but his ranting is generally quite funny and well observed. His finest and most oft repeated moment was a bit about media sensationalism of gun spree style killers.

I'm guessing he said something nasty about Thatcher that got some people's backs up, if anyone has the link I'm sure I will enjoy reading it.

The only thing that makes me upset is that people take him seriously. You're right, he is both the joker and the joke. I'm not sure he even takes himself seriously, but some people actually believe what he writes, and that makes him dangerous.

The only thing that makes me upset is that people take him seriously. You're right, he is both the joker and the joke. I'm not sure he even takes himself seriously, but some people actually believe what he writes, and that makes him dangerous.

It doesn't make him dangerous, it makes people idiots because what it writes is clearly attempted humour, he is hardly a hate preacher,

A few quotes for those still curious of this enigma:

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/342249.Charlie_Brooker

Please tell me Moose which one of these are dangerous? I actually thought you would quite like him, his graphic, single minded, irrational ranting should be right up your street.

Anyway:

I don't know how much credit CB should get for this, but it is still well worth a quick watch as is this:

Why have facebook decided over the last few weeks that they think I’d like to become friends with a load on poncey looking show dogs ?

I’ve never shown the slightest interest in bouffanted poodles and Afghan hounds

Why have facebook decided over the last few weeks that they think I’d like to become friends with a load on poncey looking show dogs ?

I changed my female housemate to be "Interested in women" (because I am both hilarious and witty) and she didn't realise (for a couple of months) until she started getting adverts for "Lesbian Bodywarmers". Maybe someone has changed your profile to imply you're a dog fancier....

Been out with any dogs lately?