Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Right, here's a question then. I've been unemployed for a pretty long time now and on JSA. However I've recently had a successful interview for working at the City Council on an apprenticeship, I'll be working in the Financial department.

However, I haven't started yet, and won't be starting until May time. Until then, I was considering looking at possibly a temporary job (although doubt I'd get one) so I could still apply for Jobseekers. However, I wasn't paid last week. I rang them up on Thursday last week (I was meant to be paid on Weds) and they said they would get back in contact with me about it later in that day. Sure enough, no call. I rang them again on Friday, and again yesterday, and again today and only today did I get through to them again, and I was cut off in seconds. The service is well and truly appalling.

But does anyone know why my money might have stopped? I haven't told the Jobcentre but I have told my adviser on the work programme, so that may be why my money has stopped?

I still personally think it's a bit poor. OK, they could argue I'm not a Jobseeker (but I am if you get me, with that temporary job), if I've got a job lined up and don't start yet, what the hell am I meant to do money wise?

I'm meant to be signing on again on Friday, but I'm not even sure I'm meant to be going in now. What the hell do I do?

Sit in the Jobcentre and cry like a baby.

Seriously though, I know how impossibly incompetent the knobs who work in these places are from my daughters experiences. I have no idea why your JSA might have been stopped but you have my sympathy.

Did you have to submit any kind of proof that you had been interviewed? Maybe the council have passed on some info although I doubt it as you haven't started work there so wouldn't be on the payroll.

It's shocking. I've always just done what they said and hoped I'd have as little contact with them as possible and that's generally been the case, but they really are cvnts at times, absolutely appalling service because they know they can get away with it.

I was referred to InTraining, which is a work programme (if you've heard of that before) and I had an adviser there I wasn't overly keen on. I got moved to a new adviser however and I really got on with her, got me further than the other one did in far less time, but I was told I would be moved back to my old one. However, my old one didn't get in contact for a month and in that month I got my job at the Council, I rang my old adviser (who I liked) and told her, do you think that's got anything to do with it?

I'd like to hope it's just a technical fault (as these incompetent arseholes will be fvcked off sharpish) but if I'm not entitled to any money whilst I'm waiting for a job to start then that's an absolute joke IMO.

why is it that when you wake up you have a boner, and when women wake up they always yawn... Coincidence ?

How do you know the state of my penis when I wake up?

Mrs Moose's friend brought some cake round earlier and I nailed it (the cake, not the friend - leave that for when Mrs Moose is away). When the friend had left Mrs Moose was ever so pleased with me. She thanked me for eating the cake and I was all like wtf, why and she said it was an awful cake and she had assumed that by eating it I was just being polite (should have gone along with it, lots of points on offer). I was again all like wtf, it was a cake, it's just sugar, you could combine anything with sugar and it would taste fine. To which she replied, anything?

Which got me thinking, if you were to mix something awful tasting like human excrement with enough sugar, could you get it to taste nice?

Why does eating make my hangover worse?

*Part of a hangover is dehydration.... when you eat it pulls blood to the stomach area which takes even more fluid away from your brain..

Try a right good home made soup.

*This is purely guesswork

Mrs Moose's friend brought some cake round earlier and I nailed it (the cake, not the friend - leave that for when Mrs Moose is away). When the friend had left Mrs Moose was ever so pleased with me. She thanked me for eating the cake and I was all like wtf, why and she said it was an awful cake and she had assumed that by eating it I was just being polite (should have gone along with it, lots of points on offer). I was again all like wtf, it was a cake, it's just sugar, you could combine anything with sugar and it would taste fine. To which she replied, anything?

Which got me thinking, if you were to mix something awful tasting like human excrement with enough sugar, could you get it to taste nice?

hmmmmmmmmmm I'd assume the problem with fecal matter would be the methane in it, you'd have a job disguising that with sugar. You might be able to do it with vomit maybe, like a vomit smoothie, if you could counter the bile.

hmmmmmmmmmm I'd assume the problem with fecal matter would be the methane in it, you'd have a job disguising that with sugar. You might be able to do it with vomit maybe, like a vomit smoothie, if you could counter the bile.

There used to be a well gross show on channel four i think.... Mark Lamar was on it as a presenter ( thats not the gross bit...)

They used to a horrible segment where people would do weird things.... One of them would be this young man who right tong deeep-snogged a granny who was at least 80 ... another one was when someone made himself sick into a glass and then drank it. Proper nasty stuff...

Edited by MPH

There used to be a well gross show on channel four i think.... Mark Lamar was on it as a presenter ( thats not the gross bit...)

They used to a horrible segment where people would do weird things.... One of them would be this young man who right tong deeep-snogged a granny who was at least 80 ... another one was when someone made himself sick into a glass and then drank it. Proper nasty stuff...

That would be the word, essential viewing for all young teenagers at the time, I think that segment was called the wannabes or something, basically they would do anything to get on tv

Do others enjoy the old FT 'who gave the rep' guessing game? I love it, especially on the 'hard-hitting' posts.

See a rep and guess who gave it before checking the correct answer.

Only in General Chat, I can never read the mood of the main forum and get some very random reps from very unexpected comments.

Does anyone else get confused when one of your really shit posts gets repped, and yet something you believe to be genuinely funny just gets ignored?

• Like 1

Only in General Chat, I can never read the mood of the main forum and get some very random reps from very unexpected comments.

Does anyone else get confused when one of your really shit posts gets repped, and yet something you believe to be genuinely funny just gets ignored?

Yep. When I first joined I posted a throwaway gag about my preferred formation being "The Broom", (a 1-1-1-7 formation) and got some healthy rep. Since then I've done all sorts, but the only ones that ever get repped are the ones I least expected. A recipe for a butternut squash tart, a racist rant, an anecdote about when I trapped my middle finger in my anus after the toilet paper split.

(Just made those 3 up by the way, but you get the idea)

• Like 1

All the time.

• Like 2