Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I didn't think this warranted a new thread in Computers so ill tick it here:

Maths is not my strong point, nor is Excel! So I wonder if you could help me with a really basic formula!

Basically all I want to do is Enter a number into a box and underneath that number is a table which shows me what 50%, 60%, 70%, 80% and 90% of that number is.

I'm sure it's dead simple but I have no idea how to do it! Could anyone help? Cheers.

I didn't think this warranted a new thread in Computers so ill tick it here:

Maths is not my strong point, nor is Excel! So I wonder if you could help me with a really basic formula!

Basically all I want to do is Enter a number into a box and underneath that number is a table which shows me what 50%, 60%, 70%, 80% and 90% of that number is.

I'm sure it's dead simple but I have no idea how to do it! Could anyone help? Cheers.

=SUM(A1/10*5)

Enter this into each cell where you want your percentages to appear. You have to change 1 number each time though. Where 'A1' is the box you want to find the percentage of and the '5' is the target percentage (eg. 2.5 = 25%, 5 = 50%, 8.75 = 87.5 % etc.)

Let me know if you have any trouble. (Also, there's probably an easier way :P )

Edited by Haydos
  • Like 1

=SUM(A1/10*5)

Enter this into each cell where you want your percentages to appear. You have to change 1 number each time though. Where 'A1' is the box you want to find the percentage of and the '5' is the target percentage (eg. 2.5 = 25%, 5 = 50%, 8.75 = 87.5 % etc.)

Let me know if you have any trouble. (Also, there's probably an easier way :P )

See the post one above yours. :P

If you have a joint mortgage with someone, who then leaves, do you have to be reassed for a mortgage on your own or...?

surely if it's a joint mortgage both people are liable. I'd have thought any split then the house and thus the mortgage has to be decided on. Usually the house is sold or the "other" person agrees to keep paying (for example if children are involved).

If this is not the case and you can afford the mortgage repayments on your own then get the mortgage and the house in your own name.

Why do shite songs get stuck in your head so you keep hearing it over and over in your mind ?

They're called earworms & there are ways to get rid........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/9950143/Get-that-tune-out-of-your-head-scientists-find-how-to-get-rid-of-earworms.html

I'm not sure it's the same thing, but if I'm stuck in the house on my own, I often find myself whistling Colonel Bogey?

http://www.telegraph...f-earworms.html

I'm not sure it's the same thing, but if I'm stuck in the house on my own, I often find myself whistling Colonel Bogey?

lol

blimey , so they're called earworms?

I hadn't realised they had done scientific studies about them :D

I've decided just to get a juke box full of earworm songs so a least i don't have to listen to the same one on a loop , thanks :thumbup:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/9950143/Get-that-tune-out-of-your-head-scientists-find-how-to-get-rid-of-earworms.html

If I'm trying to count seconds in my head I use Clonel Bogey as the tune to help me keep (rough) time and the bom should be about 120.

If you have a joint mortgage with someone, who then leaves, do you have to be reassed for a mortgage on your own or...?

Sore point this one.

My ex had a mortgage with her ex and she left him. Four years later she's still on the mortgage, even though she doesn't pay anything and doesn't live there. The only way to sort it is to either sell up or to settle the mortgage and one person reapply for a mortgage in their own name. She's now had to involve a solicitor to threaten a 'forced sale', which can be applied for through the courts.

Contrary to what some people believe, you can't just 'take your name off the mortgage' - it doesn't work like that. That's before you get to things like the title deeds etc. Obviously, if Person A can afford to just carry on paying the mortgage on their own, that will work for them, but it will effectively prevent Person B from getting their own mortgage. Also, if Person A fails to pay, Person B is liable.

Edited by BornBlue

Another maths exam question for you.

For 1 rep point:

Andy puts £50 worth of petrol into his rusty old nail of a car once every 2 weeks and travels an average of 300 miles before having to fill up again.

What is his cars MPG?

For extra credit, show your workings out.

Depends on the cost of the fuel per litre

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

Another maths exam question for you.

For 1 rep point:

Andy puts £50 worth of petrol into his rusty old nail of a car once every 2 weeks and travels an average of 300 miles before having to fill up again.

What is his cars MPG?

For extra credit, show your workings out.

36.8 MPG.

I feel used.

EDIT: And slow apparently.

Edited by Haydos
  • Like 1

Cheers gents, 1 point each!

:thumbup:

if you want to know how to work it out , just divide £50 by 1.35 ( cost per litre) then divide that figure

by 4.5 ( to change to gallons )so you know how much fuel you've used in gallons which i worked out to be roughly 8.2 gallons

divide 300(miles) by 8.2 (gallons)and you should get a figure around 36.5 mpg

I've been really struggling recently to get up in the mornings. I'm fine when I'm actually up, it's just the initial waking that is the problem.

I seem to be either sleeping through my alarms or turning them off whilst semi-conscious and falling back to sleep. It's actually starting to become a genuine concern.

Anybody have any serious tips?