Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Nope.

Download the Sleep Clock app or whatever it's called. It monitors your sleep patterns and wakes you up when you're in the lightest sleep meaning you wake easier and feel refreshed. Set your alarm as usual and it will wake you up to 30 minutes before the alarm depending on your sleep (by placing your phone next to you while you sleep it judges what phase of sleep you're in by how much movement there is). Heard lots of good things, would use it myself but I kind of have the opposite problem to you!

I've been really struggling recently to get up in the mornings. I'm fine when I'm actually up, it's just the initial waking that is the problem.

I seem to be either sleeping through my alarms or turning them off whilst semi-conscious and falling back to sleep. It's actually starting to become a genuine concern.

Anybody have any serious tips?

Do you hate your job?

I've been really struggling recently to get up in the mornings. I'm fine when I'm actually up, it's just the initial waking that is the problem.

I seem to be either sleeping through my alarms or turning them off whilst semi-conscious and falling back to sleep. It's actually starting to become a genuine concern.

Do you snore?

Download the Sleep Clock app or whatever it's called. It monitors your sleep patterns and wakes you up when you're in the lightest sleep meaning you wake easier and feel refreshed. Set your alarm as usual and it will wake you up to 30 minutes before the alarm depending on your sleep (by placing your phone next to you while you sleep it judges what phase of sleep you're in by how much movement there is). Heard lots of good things, would use it myself but I kind of have the opposite problem to you!

I've looked at this app. However, surely if you are not sleeping well and are in constant or mostly in light sleep, the app will just keep trying to wake you up all night long?

I've looked at this app. However, surely if you are not sleeping well and are in constant or mostly in light sleep, the app will just keep trying to wake you up all night long?

You set an alarm and it wakes you at your lightest sleep around the time of your alarm. So if you set your alarms for 6:30am it might wake you at 6:15am if you're sleeping lightly. It's not going to wake you constantly all night if you're a light sleeper. I've tried the app, it works, I just forget to set it, or put it under my pillow.

It will only wake you up a maximum of 30 mins before your alarm. The rest of the time it just monitors your sleep and gives you an indication of how long you were in deep sleep, REM sleep, etc.

Like I said its pointless for me as by 5am or so I'm waking up regularly and sleeping lightly for the next hour or two. But for BornBlue who sleeps through his alarm and finds it hard to wake up it might be useful.

It will only wake you up a maximum of 30 mins before your alarm. The rest of the time it just monitors your sleep and gives you an indication of how long you were in deep sleep, REM sleep, etc.

Like I said its pointless for me as by 5am or so I'm waking up regularly and sleeping lightly for the next hour or two. But for BornBlue who sleeps through his alarm and finds it hard to wake up it might be useful.

Fair enough. I am a light sleeper generally. I have a heavily pregnant wife who snores in my ear all night, so i find myself in the spare room now, trying to get some sleep, but the shit thing is that the curtains are to light, and by 4:30 I'm up with the shitting sun. :(

Cheers, I'll have a look.

Do you hate your job?

No, not at all.

Do you snore?

I'm led to believe so!

Snoring can lead to sleep apnea which is a condition that manifests itself in interrupted breathing,

causing poor sleep patterns.

It's usually heavy snorers that sufferer with this and they often wake up with a dry or sore throat.

I suffer with this problem and my G.P. referred me to the sleep clinic, worth having it checked out if it continues .

Edited by notnow john

Snoring can lead to sleep apnea which is a condition that manifests itself in interrupted breathing,

causing poor sleep patterns.

It's usually heavy snorers that sufferer with this and they often wake up with a dry or sore throat.

I suffer with this problem and my G.P. referred me to the sleep clinic, worth having it checked out if it continues .

Jerry Garcia died of a sleep apnea exacerbated heart attack.

80-2.jpg

I have it too.

Edited by 21st Century Fox

I find that sometimes, often comes of some worry niggling away at the back of my mind.

There is also the two sleep factor.

Apparently 8 hours of straight zzzz is not natural for us and is a fairly recent development, maybe forced on us by the industrial revolution and factory timetables. Any how there is an interesting article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16964783

A woman I know is getting a boob job, but I found out that when you get one done you can lose all feeling in your nipples. This makes no sense. You are making something look more sexual yet run the risk of losing all sexual feeling.

Does anyone else think this is mental?

A woman I know is getting a boob job, but I found out that when you get one done you can lose all feeling in your nipples. This makes no sense. You are making something look more sexual yet run the risk of losing all sexual feeling.

It can also go spectacularly wrong, leading to tens of thousands in corrective surgery. Scary stuff.

There are risks with any surgery that nerves might be damaged,leading to loss of sensation. This would be more important for her if her nipples are a focus of her sexual arousal, some like that more than others. For her partner (is that you FoxyPV?) on balance I reckon it is overall a negative thing as they feel so different when you play with them. I much prefer natural feelings to artificial looks!

There are risks with any surgery that nerves might be damaged,leading to loss of sensation. This would be more important for her if her nipples are a focus of her sexual arousal, some like that more than others. For her partner (is that you FoxyPV?) on balance I reckon it is overall a negative thing as they feel so different when you play with them. I much prefer natural feelings to artificial looks!

A boob job may give a woman the confidence she has always lacked - rightly or wrongly having issues with her own body. She may have been scared to show her body & felt inhibited in the bedroom. She may lose a little sensation, but the improvement in confidence will more than make up for that.

I know someone who had a boob job on the NHS for exactly this reason. Not to improve her sex-life, but to resolve the psychological problems she had with herself & her body. She has gone from nothing to average. You would never know she has had a boob job to look at her, but she is a much more confident person than she ever was before.

A boob job may give a woman the confidence she has always lacked - rightly or wrongly having issues with her own body. She may have been scared to show her body & felt inhibited in the bedroom. She may lose a little sensation, but the improvement in confidence will more than make up for that.

I know someone who had a boob job on the NHS for exactly this reason. Not to improve her sex-life, but to resolve the psychological problems she had with herself & her body. She has gone from nothing to average. You would never know she has had a boob job to look at her, but she is a much more confident person than she ever was before.

Fair point, we are all complex creatures, maybe women more so. Concerns about self image can be all absorbing and damaging. Ignorance about what is the range of normal is also rife. Nowadays there is so much emphasis on notions of virtually unattainable "perfection" it is no wonder so many women (and men) lack self confidence.

On the NHS - that's scandalous.

Well you wouldn't have it done in France, given the recent scandals! http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4013378/UK-experts-Dont-brrevert-boob-jobs-br.html

I think the key to why it was NHS lies in the comment by pSinatra that there were psychological problems. If it has improved this lady's life and the life of those around her then it may well be worth every penny. These can be significant and not everyone can afford to go to Malta or Eastern Europe for a cheap pair of tits.

Hm, it is and it isn't, it's a very delicate issue really.

Throwing resources at tackling and recognizing body dysmorphic disorders, eating disorders and identity disorders is really important. There's a general stigma about these conditions that often leads to a dismissing, cynical or mocking reaction from a lot of people but the afflicted can have their lives ruined by their own depression as a result.

So it's kind of nice to see recognition from the health service in that sense and a willingness to help.

That said, giving someone breast augmentation to make them feel better feels a bit like giving Gazza booze when he's hurting from withdrawal. Surely aiming to address the underlying condition and not masking it with cosmetic surgery is the way forward?

Man up (or woman up). why should hard working joes have to pay for some woman to have new tits that they don't even get a feel of?