Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Fair point but if you're offering to pay. I can give it ago and get back to you.

But i don't think i've ever had a pizza over here that compares to what i've eaten in southern italy.

Try Franco Manca's if you are ever down in London, there are a few around, great pizzas reasonably priced, proper Italian style on flat bread rather than the doughy breads you get in most places.

Pizza express is ok, nothing special, I do like their dough balls.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

Are utility bills(electric,water) tied to the property or tied to the person who's name they are in?

A property can't pay so they are usually tied to the person who signed to have them.

Are utility bills(electric,water) tied to the property or tied to the person who's name they are in?

They are tied to the resident, if you move in you are not liable for any existing utility bills, so you take any readings and use them to start your account, and get the account changed to your name.

If you move in and don't notify the energy companies you are still liable even if the bill is in someone else's name and they were too stupid to tell them when they moved out, although in a rented property ultimate responsibility is with the landlord, if you scarper without paying the bills he will have to pay them, normally out of your deposit.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

Is 'Pizza Express' a good restaurant (the Leicester one)?

Pizza express is generally average and very formulaic.

A rather better experience would be Prezzo.

I have used the one in Edinburgh several times and I thought it was good enough to take a girlfriend to. I see there is one in Leicester, in Silver Street.

Pizza express is generally average and very formulaic.

A rather better experience would be Prezzo.

I have used the one in Edinburgh several times and I thought it was good enough to take a girlfriend to. I see there is one in Leicester, in Silver Street.

Prezzo is decent, would agree better than Pizza Express in my experience.

Pizza Express a good restaurant?

Fcuking hell.

What I don't get with any pizza restaurant is, you can buy a perfectly good, freshly made pizza at Asda for 2-3 quid.

Pizza express charge you 12-14 quid for something very similar. And don't gimm the "overheads" bull

Pisses (pizzas?) me off.

San Carlo's or 1573.

Good call, although I haven't been to the one in Leicester, had some Lamb cutlets in Madeira sauce and it was cooked beautifully, plus a lovely Creme Caramel for desert, not exactly pushing the boat out there given its an italian restaurant but it was really nice.

Why do TV channels always have to have the white/black thing in the corner of the screen? I know it's to signify there's an ad-break coming, but do we really need to be told there is one coming up?

Yes, yes we do. How else would we plan our wee-wee breaks and putting the kettle on / opening the wine? :P

Why do TV channels always have to have the white/black thing in the corner of the screen? I know it's to signify there's an ad-break coming, but do we really need to be told there is one coming up?

I believe it's to warn the people in the studio to get ready to play the ads.

Is something going on at Leicester airport???..just seen a huge airplane maybe the Vulcan passing over east Leics a few times???..anyone else see it???

We're bombing Coventry.