Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

What's the best thing to do to ease calf pain, been on my feet since 7am and Jesus Christ I'm in agony.

Get some voltarol. Decent for muscle pains

What's the best thing to do to ease calf pain, been on my feet since 7am and Jesus Christ I'm in agony.

Put your feet up and ice them for about 20/30 minutes. Don't apply the ice directly to the skin. Have some fabric between.

Not saying I'm right but chori-tho?

just call it Spanish sausage & have done

That's mainly right although in Southern Spain and S. America it would probably be pronounced Chor-riso.

That's mainly right although in Southern Spain and S. America it would probably be pronounced Chor-riso.

When in Gran Canaria a few years ago, I asked the hotel receptionist how to 'thank you' properly.  I had always said grathias, but have heard people say grassias & grathia.  She said they were all ok, so I said "cheers!!"

Why the **** do air beds deflate when your on them (yes the plug is in!)?

I'm on the floor for two weeks whilst I wait for my new bed. The single air bed I had yesterday deflated (was was so small I kept fall off the bloody thing!) as I went and bought a double tonight and lo and behold, it's deflating again! Going to be a long two weeks!

I'm on the floor for two weeks whilst I wait for my new bed. The single air bed I had yesterday deflated (was was so small I kept fall off the bloody thing!) as I went and bought a double tonight and lo and behold, it's deflating again! Going to be a long two weeks!

This could happily go in the grinds my gears thread too. I can only assume it's some intentional design flaw designed to wake you up after a nights sleep when you realise you're on the floor.

Why doesn't my tv work?

In the new flat, just bought my tv licence so time to fire up the beast.

The ariel is plugged in to both the wall and tv, I have also auto tuned it and it found the channels but when I turn it on all of the Banneker are pixilated and the sound jumps. It looks a bit like when there is interference or an Internet video is buffering.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorted, I tried to get it tuned to Easy Midlands but it wouldn't, West Midlands works though.

Edited by FoxesAreBlue

Why doesn't my tv work?

In the new flat, just bought my tv licence so time to fire up the beast.

The ariel is plugged in to both the wall and tv, I have also auto tuned it and it found the channels but when I turn it on all of the Banneker are pixilated and the sound jumps. It looks a bit like when there is interference or an Internet video is buffering.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorted, I tried to get it tuned to Easy Midlands but it wouldn't, West Midlands works though.

Have you got freeview? 

Not sure, don't think so, it just comes directly into the tv but it is a digital Ariel though.

Its free through tv bu I haven't got a "Freeview" box like you see advertised etc

The analogue signal has been switched off now, you'll need a set top box.

(assuming I haven't misunderstood you and it's built into the TV)

Edited by Webbo

It must be built into the tv then because it's working now - I managed to catch the last hour of the athletics! :D

Thanks though.

Next question, what's the cheapest way to go about gettin broadband/wifi?

As usual when it come to me and computer questions, keep it simple enough for a chimp to understand please!

When in Gran Canaria a few years ago, I asked the hotel receptionist how to 'thank you' properly. I had always said grathias, but have heard people say grassias & grathia. She said they were all ok, so I said "cheers!!"

They are just different accents, the correct 'taught' pronunciation is grathias, grassias is more typical of the canary islanders, and grathia, is more andalusian, Southern Spain.

When do you inflate them? If you inflate them just before bed then get straight on then the air molecules are heated up by the process of inflating the airbed and so are moving more quickly and take up more space. As they calm down it deflates, so it is best to inflate it a few hours before bedtime then top it up just before. Otherwise it may be just be a cheap airbed with the air hole not quite sealed properly. Edited by Captain Pancake Face

When do you inflate them? If you inflate them just before bed then get straight on then the air molecules are heated up by the process of inflating the airbed and so are moving more quickly and take up more space. As they calm down it deflates, so it is best to inflate it a few hours before bedtime then top it up just before. Otherwise it may be just be a cheap airbed with the air hole not quite sealed properly.

Funnily enough after waking up yesterday with my arse on the floor I inflated it just after getting up just because I was there and didn't want to make a huge racket later at night. Lo and behold, last night/this morning the bed is fine!

Whether to knock 10 years off our mortgage from next month and keep roughly the same monthly payments as we pay now, or to reduce our monthly payments by roughly £100 but keep the mortgage at the original term?!

Pay it off now if you can, these interest rates can't stay this low forever.

Whether to knock 10 years off our mortgage from next month and keep roughly the same monthly payments as we pay now, or to reduce our monthly payments by roughly £100 but keep the mortgage at the original term?!

Interest rates will definitely go up and probably by a lot at some point. First option is obviously best as long as you take that into account and can still afford it.