Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Has anyone ever had a rib injury?

Er, yes, on a number of occasions I've broken/fractured mine. I managed to break 5 at the same time, once. >_<

My mother will be moving house in a couple of weeks but the house she's moving needs the bathroom turning into a wet room which will take around a week to do. It's an empty house, my mother seems to think that the plumbers will be able to do the work before she moves in, I don't think she'll be allowed to. What's the legal position? Does anyone know?

lol I was just about to add that I don't live with Year of the Fox!

lol

My question- Favourite teddy bear?

Winnie The Pooh, Paddington or Rupert?

My mother will be moving house in a couple of weeks but the house she's moving needs the bathroom turning into a wet room which will take around a week to do. It's an empty house, my mother seems to think that the plumbers will be able to do the work before she moves in, I don't think she'll be allowed to. What's the legal position? Does anyone know?

Legally I don't know. Time wise, a month could be pushing it!

Why causes air to back up through the toilet and bath? I can't identify what is triggering it because it can happen at any time of day and night. Sometimes it can be gurgling away for half an hour or more in the dead of night.

I hear noises like that at night, I assumed it was the radiators.

Why causes air to back up through the toilet and bath? I can't identify what is triggering it because it can happen at any time of day and night. Sometimes it can be gurgling away for half an hour or more in the dead of night.

A blockage somewhere in your drains.

How is that causing air to back up though? Where is the air coming from?

Sorry mate, you'll have to ask a plumber for more info. Does lcfcstu still come on here? He's a plumber isn't he?

Air will only force it's way through the trap if it's under pressure and it can only become pressurised if there's a blockage.

Sorry mate, you'll have to ask a plumber for more info. Does lcfcstu still come on here? He's a plumber isn't he?

Air will only force it's way through the trap if it's under pressure and it can only become pressurised if there's a blockage.

'year of the fox' is 'lcfcstu'.  :thumbup:

I am lcfcstu :)

Could be a number of causes though certainly sounds like a blockage further down the drain.

It could also be something called compression which is basically the shit hitting the bottom of the pipe (assuming if it's above ground floor level) which can cause air to shoot back up the pipe pushing the traps out. Remember that there is still air in your pipes especially if you have the 4" pipe (drain pipe) terminating through your roof or above your soffits.

The cause of that may be that the bend at the bottom of the vertical run is too sharp. Id try rodding the manholes. You could also take your bog out and rod from there. If it's doing it in other appliances too: shower, basin, bath, you could try fitting anti siphon traps though theyre designed to stop the trap water from being pulled out when you flush the bog or let a bathfull of water go as opposed to what's happening at yours. It may work though

Edited by The Year Of The Fox