Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Has anyone ever had a rib injury?

Yes, ****ing horrendous and nothing you can do about it. Best thing is lie flat on your back, knees up and feet flat. 

Mine were broken btw which tore the intercostal muscles between them! It's mainly those being torn that cause the pain from what I can gather, couldn't move for at least a week and didn't play sport for a good 2/3 months. One tip: Don't sneeze lol

Edited by Father Ted

Just seen your bit about it happening in the middle of the night. Your drains will no doubt be combined with other houses unless you live in a mansion somewhere so it could easily be blocked on the on the shared drain- ie a neighbour has used their bog during the night

Thanks mate. Will have to get someone to have a look at it if it carries on I suppose.

Guest MattP

What do tennis players look for in tennis balls when they take about 3 at a time before each serve?

Want the firmest and hardest ball for extra speed on the serve.

Balls are changed every 9 games and they wear off very fast at the speed and power these guys play at. Impertive you want to be serving with the one that will provide most pace.

Why causes air to back up through the toilet and bath? I can't identify what is triggering it because it can happen at any time of day and night. Sometimes it can be gurgling away for half an hour or more in the dead of night.

Whenever I hear these noises at night, I assume it's the other half! >_<

Why causes air to back up through the toilet and bath? I can't identify what is triggering it because it can happen at any time of day and night. Sometimes it can be gurgling away for half an hour or more in the dead of night.

Faulty air admittance valve?

What could you consider to be an acceptable time to mow your lawn on a weekday/weekend?

Rincewind - in advance I apologise for any offence caused. This is not a jibe at homeless people. I understand they do not have lawns (but also - do not therefore have to bother mowing a lawn)/

I was using them as individuals as I do not know them all personally.which is why I used the word 'could'

Bloody hell, we are making progress here. You don't know them personally or individually hence why you (understandably) have to generalise.

Do you now understand why other people have to generalise about groups of people, whilst understanding they are all not a bunch of identical people, we cannot deal with them on an individual basis since we don't have the time or inclination to do so? Do you get it? The reason for generalisations and why people make them?

Could well be.

What's one of them?

If your soil stack is internal, it should have an air admittance valve fitted to allow air into the waste system but not out (foul smells etc). If this is faulty it will lead to smells and possibly gurgling as air is expelled, also leading you to think it is the WC/Basin smelling. It will normally be found in a roofspace or boxed in above the WC somewhere. Cheap to replace if you can get to it.

If this is not the cause, check for a faulty trap on a Basin or Shower.

It's glued onto the end of your 4inch pipe at the highest point. Could be in a boxing or in the loft. If you have one at all

Blimey that's very personal and  sounds extremely painful , but I'm sure he'd have noticed that !

I've heard A and E at the Royal  have to deal with lots of these types of injury though.