Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Is the brace position on an aircraft supposed to help you survive or break your neck so you die instantly?

My friend who I was having the conversation with earlier said its the latter.

It's supposed to help you survive but there is debate as to whether it actually works or not. Research shows it improves your chances slightly.

Wasn't there a programme where they crashed an airline wioth imaginary passengers. I think those in first class would have died. But the good thing they transferred their taxes to a Swiss bank before take off.

Joking :)

I had a seet just in front of the wings and emergancy door and survived with some injuries.

There was a thread on it. The programme was called something like The Crash.

Guest MattP

Wasn't there a programme where they crashed an airline wioth imaginary passengers. I think those in first class would have died. But the good thing they transferred their taxes to a Swiss bank before take off.

Joking :)

I had a seet just in front of the wings and emergancy door and survived with some injuries.

There was a thread on it. The programme was called something like The Crash.

Yeah I remember that show.

I can't afford First Class yet but I absolutely love flying in Business Class, it's great, so comfortable and you can go sleep, take a shower, drink as much as you want and you get proper meals with real knives and forks.

904275_10151579295250837_623276541_o.jpg

Edited by MattP

I can't afford First Class yet but I absolutely love flying in Business Class, it's great, so comfortable and you can go sleep, take a shower, drink as much as you want and you get proper meals with real knives and forks.

Was this the flight you broke the Champagne consumed record :D

Guest MattP

Was this the flight you broke the Champagne consumed record :D

Certainly is, that was about number 10 I think, I'd started banging out some Gary Glitter.

True, more room in business. Who's the fat lad you were with? it is more cost effective to fly business, as they'd make you pay for two seats in economy?  :ph34r:

Guest MattP

True, more room in business. Who's the fat lad you were with? it is more cost effective to fly business, as they'd make you pay for two seats in economy? :ph34r:

Cheeky bastard lol I've got down to 14 and a half now. I wish it was more cost effective.

I had a dream about you last night, was very strange.

Guest MattP

Why do people make parody accounts on twitter of footballers and do the picture of them on paint? Like Duvid Looiz? Jesus Christ that is tragic.

lol

The Dovid Cameroon one has me in stiches.

It really is the way to travel, expensive but worth it.

Once when I checked in they claimed they had sold my seat so they upgraded me to first class for free, that is another world, it really is, however couldn't justify the price really when buisness class is more than adequate.

Edited by Matt

Guest MattP

What's the best pub to go in, either within Glenfield or the surrounding areas?

What you looking for?

Posh meal, band nice young birds - The Forge.

Rough, builders, Dark - Nags

Cheap food, beer, geezers, locals - Railway.

You'll probably bump into me at some point if you are out between Thursday and Sunday.

Is it true if a woman gives birth in Asda/Mothercare they get a years supply of free products?

I'm pretty sure that at least used to be true. Well it was their water breaking in Mothercare, not actually giving birth. You can't wheel your missus in mid labour, screaming, just to get your free nappies, has to be by chance lol

Is it true if a woman gives birth in Asda/Mothercare they get a years supply of free products?

I was in a pub (having a meal) with my mrs when we were expecting our first and she suddenly exclaimed "my waters have just broke", the staff shit themselves... so did I  :D . 

A years free supply of ale would have been nice  lol