Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I have a strange question. I am very skeptical when receiving Emails with offers that have little information. I know what some will think.

The offer is an internet based job which requires to be a UK Citizen and available for 2 hours Mon-Fri 11-1pm.

The sender just signs the email as Jack. There uis a simple form for  name and telephone number

Position requires:  -Citizen of England; -Be a competent PC user with 24/7 Internet and e-mail access; -Minimum 2 hour availability Monday through Friday between the hours of 11 am and 3 pm. -Current Bank Account

I don't know what it entails but do employers use first names only.

It may be genuine but I have heard of people asking for money transferrers to a foreigh account.

They are Carrer Group. Another thing I don't remember applying unless its someone looking at profiles on Linkedin

Cannot find much info about them so no idea what they do.

Thanks I'm glad someone agrees and its not me being workshy.

If it was genuine I would prefer an internet work at home job.

I have signed up for a writing site. They don't pay a lot a few cents per word but once established you get to be asked for and paid more.

Not had any jobs yet but my list of subjects is only around 30 out of 100. There is a job board and they are taken quick. I've had to put subjects I am not well knowledged with but they could ask for 200 words and a little research would solve that.

A client might want a description of a holiday resort and things to do because they do not have time to do it themselves.

I have a strange question. I am very skeptical when receiving Emails with offers that have little information. I know what some will think.

The offer is an internet based job which requires to be a UK Citizen and available for 2 hours Mon-Fri 11-1pm.

The sender just signs the email as Jack. There uis a simple form for  name and telephone number

Position requires:  -Citizen of England; -Be a competent PC user with 24/7 Internet and e-mail access; -Minimum 2 hour availability Monday through Friday between the hours of 11 am and 3 pm. -Current Bank Account

I don't know what it entails but do employers use first names only.

It may be genuine but I have heard of people asking for money transferrers to a foreigh account.

They are Carrer Group. Another thing I don't remember applying unless its someone looking at profiles on Linkedin

Cannot find much info about them so no idea what they do.

I think Stan is if anything understating it. Dodgy with a capital D. They want your e mail address, your bank account details, they will have your name - they'll clean you out after a couple more questions.

Guest MattP

Daggers and nick lol lol the old guard, with their "lengthy intelligent debates" such as the daggers classic "what's your favourite stone? Mine used to be granite." The two aged hippies ran a mile once some genuine opposition to their horrifically out of touch leftist philosophy arrived, and now much like TPH have resorted to occasional pot shots from the sidelines. Cowards. God knows how these people function in real life when they can't even handle a bit of debate on a forum.

Speaking of Nick I found his old keyboard the other day.

BCgdUq_CMAA4_R4.jpg

Does anyone know if it is illegal for a letter addressed to you but sent to another address and then opened by someone at that address.

Pretty sure that is illegal. I used to live in a block of flats and one of flats was occupied by this disgusting filthy piece of housing benefit shit who liked to steal mail not addressed to him. Definitely illegal, but good look getting the police to care.

In the end I posted a letter addressed to me containing a little red flashing LED connected to a small computer chip and wrote on a piece of paper "hi, this is a tracking device, you're now ****ed". Sure enough he stole it. Knocked on his door later and politely asked for my letter. Told him if he ever stole my shit again i'd take the evidence to the police. Nothing ever went missing again after that.

Edited by MooseBreath

Does anyone know if it is illegal for a letter addressed to you but sent to another address and then opened by someone at that address.

The postman delivers to the address & not the person.  The name on the letter is irrelevant.

Even if the postman knows the name & the address do not correspond.........he is legally obliged to deliver to the address written on the letter.

Once anything comes through your letterbox, you are free to treat it as you please - it is now your property.  You are free to open it, bin it or whatever you like.

edit - have I got the wrong end of the stick here?  Did it have your address on it but got delivered to somewhere else?  Have you recently moved house & it's gone to your old address?  If the postman has made the mistake then that is a matter you should take up with Royal Mail (good luck with that!!).  If the letter has been correctly delivered then there isn't a lot you can do.

Edited by pSinatra

The postman delivers to the address & not the person. The name on the letter is irrelevant.

Even if the postman knows the name & the address do not correspond.........he is legally obliged to deliver to the address written on the letter.

Once anything comes through your letterbox, you are free to treat it as you please - it is now your property. You are free to open it, bin it or whatever you like.

Really? That's surprising. Especially given the amount of 'mistakes' (read: sheer laziness) you get from posties. I am constantly being delivered letters clearly addressed to neighbouring properties and I've given up having anything delivered by royal mail because it always goes to a neighbour and promptly goes missing.

Infact I've been meaning to make a complaint to royal mail for ages. I'm going to do that now.

Really? That's surprising. Especially given the amount of 'mistakes' (read: sheer laziness) you get from posties. I am constantly being delivered letters clearly addressed to neighbouring properties and I've given up having anything delivered by royal mail because it always goes to a neighbour and promptly goes missing.

Infact I've been meaning to make a complaint to royal mail for ages. I'm going to do that now.

I was a postman many years ago & that was the case then.  I don't think there's been any change?

I would receive letters that I knew very well were incorrectly addressed, especially at christmas.  It would be addressed number 24 when I knew that person lived at number 25.  I would post it to the person it was intended for but, technically speaking, I was misdelivering - posting it to the wrong address.

I have similar problems to you as the numbering system around me is all over the place.  The houses don't follow in order with A's, B's & C's thrown in for good measure.  I do feel for any postman new to the area, but that doesn't mean anyone should receive mail incorrectly delivered.  If the postman is not sure, he shouldn't deliver it....especially when the contents may be valuable or sensitive.  But the postman is under pressure to deliver everything or fall into the trap of 'willful delay of mail'.....which is a sackable offence.

You should report any problems you are having, but I don't get the impression it makes much of difference these days.  Back when I was a postman, you would receive a complaint known as a pink (as it was written on pink paper).  If you got a number of pinks you were up for a disciplinary.  In any case, anyone making a complaint for misdelivery would receive a book of stamps as a gesture of goodwill, which always come in handy.  I don't think this is the case anymore.