Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Best Anti Virus

Avira for me has overtaken AVG as the best free anti virus. its resident scanner/ shield catches more. AVG would be better for a slower or older computer as it only 30mb of files and 4 processes operating leaving you more memory

Norton AntiVirus 2011 is a high-speed protection for all types of malware. The new Norton Protection System employs a multilayered set of security technologies that operate by consensus to detect, identify and prevent attacks. It 's still in the top performance of the class.

• 2 weeks later...

2nd this, I use it on my media center pc, seems fast enough and is free - integrated nicely into windows

3rd this, it does a decent job. I don't even notice it's there and haven't had any issues since using it.

I was using Avast, then AVG prior to this and the odd thing would slip through every now and again. So far Microsoft is doing a job.

Have been using Avast for quite a while with no problems whatsoever. Highly recommend it and it's free. :cool:

Personally, I wouldn't use AVG - all the computers I use at work have it but they're still always picking up virusus - I just don't trust it.

Can't believe anyone uses Norton!

Have been using Avast for quite a while with no problems whatsoever. Highly recommend it and it's free. :cool:

Personally, I wouldn't use AVG - all the computers I use at work have it but they're still always picking up virusus - I just don't trust it.

Can't believe anyone uses Norton!

Norton's is fine if your machine is powerful enough to run it.

And, re: avg, you work at a school? Kids will always be going on games websites etc. and not clever enough so download viruses lol Still need a certain level of competency with computers :P

norton has recently climbed the tables in the tests and is now one of the best again. no longer resource hungry either. only downside to it is the price..

avg free used to be the best free software but that has gone downhill lately and avast/avira/mse are now better options

you also need to remember anti virus packages deal better with viruses and so a separate spyware program such as malwarebytes/spobot search and destroy/lavasoft adaware leaves you with better all round protection

I use Microsoft Security Essentials, works fine, doesn't slow down my computer, scans quickly and is free.

This.

Same for me.

I've tried AVG in the past and hated it. I deleted it but no matter what i do there are still bits left of it on my system.

Archived