Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Bands & "musicians" that make you want to go on a murderous rampage.

Indeed. As he says in the song "and you won't do the same."

So essentially the song's message is, "I'm leaving you because you won't kill yourself." Romantic.

lol he really is an utter cock

(yes I still hate him and won't let it go)

If Bruno Mars could fuck off my radio sometime in the near future that'd be great. Not that I listen to the radio all that much, but whenever I get the slight curious urge to switch on he seems to be there waiting for me. Just sod off.

And Trav, I completely agree with you on the above. Except the Arcade Fire bit, I actually think The Suburbs is a very good album. Kings of Leon are the obvious example in all of this - three superb albums to begin with, which slowly began to dilute until you reach the hideous pop beast that is Come Around Sundown. And the fact they're absolute dicks these days doesn't help.

Kings of Leon used to be fantastic. Youth and Young Manhood and Aha Shake Heartbreak were phenomenal albums that I'll still listen to even though it's deemed 'not cool' by a few pretentious types nowadays. I even thought Only By the Night was okay, but it was obvious their sound was heading somewhere different, it was more accessible and far more radio-friendly.

I don't begrudge them success and I'm pleased that a back catalogue up to and including Because of the Times has gotten so much exposure because of their success since, but (as Joe has pointed out), it's their change in character and sound that has put me off. Had they kept making the music that had me become such a massive fan in the first place, I wouldn't have cared how successful they were.

Such a shame given I can still listen to their older stuff and still get goosebumps, they were so, so good. King of the Rodeo, Knocked Up, On Call, all fucking superb.

• 2 weeks later...

...makes me want to projectile vomit. :sick:

Love Bon Iver's original - but this is nothing short of sacrilege. 14-year-olds should be seen (not in that way!) and not heard. :angry:

crazy-frog_241659a.jpg

Whatever cunt created this monstrosity.

Limp Biskit (?) - Actually any band that panders to teen angst who are all in their 30s/ 40s.

Glee - too happy/ too artificial.

Coldplay.

Guns 'n' Roses - just fuck off and die you bunch of overrated wastes of spaces Axle Rose

Love Bon Iver's original - but this is nothing short of sacrilege. 14-year-olds should be seen (not in that way!) and not heard. :angry:

Totally agree - I posted a similar comment in another thread some time ago.

Mumford & Sons. Don't get it. Never will.

THANK YOU. They'd make me go on a murderous rampage if I didn't fall asleep every time I hear one of their songs. DULL DULL DULL.

Totally agree - I posted a similar comment in another thread some time ago.

What the hell is that? I made it about five seconds in before I shat out my own bowels. How dare she do that to Bon Iver, HOW DARE SHE?????

Mumford & Sons. Don't get it. Never will.

THANK YOU. They'd make me go on a murderous rampage if I didn't fall asleep every time I hear one of their songs. DULL DULL DULL.

Yeah, Mumford and sons are proper wank.

I said this in another thread a while back and got absolute, across-the-board beration. I'm glad to see there are actually those who agree with me (and are ultimately correct...)

• 3 weeks later...

I kind of like Mumford and Sons.... :ph34r:

That Bon Iver cover though.... Yikes.

I don't exactly champion Mumford and Sons but I've got a couple of songs that are decent.

Agree with the second bit too. Absolutely in love with Skinny Love at the minute

Archived