Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Metal Gear Solid in HD

An HD reworking of the original Metal Gear Solid trilogy is on the way to PS3, according to 'insider whispers' heard by the ears of the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine.

In the mag's new issue, in stores now, it reports that Snake is "in the facelift queue", and that the "first three" MGS games are set to be reborn in High Definition.

No details of release window, price or whether the trilogy will be a boxed or digital product are given.

However, any reworking of Kojima-san's much-loved original trio will be music to the ears of PlayStation nuts, with the games still very much considered classics of the genre.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots is currently the only MGS title to be released for PS3. It enjoys a very healthy 94 per cent average review score on Metacritic. Could it be joined by its predecessors in full HD later this year?

This would sell like hot cakes, I'd buy them

Oh baby. Mostly excited about MGS1 if this is true. Would be great to play that again with nice graphics and much better controls.

These would keep me occupied until Rising is released.

trophies for collecting dog tags would be nice aswell

Could be a port of the Gamecube remake rather than the ps1, that was really well done... "let me read your mind... I see that you like to play... The Legend Of Zelda.... As well as... Super Smash Brothers Melee...you also like....SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE" - that bit was class.

Why still no MGS for XBOX360???cry.gif

I loved the first Metal Gear Solid for PSOne to pieces, that was a quality interactive movie game.

A remake in 3D, similar to the recent ones on the PS3 would be awesome.

Konami, sort it out.

SquareEnix managed to do the switch, so can you.

• 4 months later...

Metal gear solid HD collection will be coming out on ps3 and xbox, sons of liberty, snake eater and peace walker, anyone with saved data from the games on ps2 will be able to transfer it to ps3 and play it. Not xbox though

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

To be fair, the MGS games are probably the greatest graphics produced on PS2.

Was hoping it'd be a full sort of PS3 reworking of the graphics when it was first announced, guess it's just a bit of polish. Think I'll pass. Peace Walker on a proper console would be nice, mind.

Archived