Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tubes

Xbox E74 error.

Has anyone had this problem before? Ive got it with one red light. I bought my xbox off a mate so havnt got warranty or anything, Ive looked on google but can only find guides to download for around $13 which I dont want to pay, so ordered a little kit off ebay for £2.15. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-XCLAMP-Repair-Kit-RROD-E74-Nylon-Paste-/190487829605?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item2c59f59c65#ht_2539wt_1139

Anyone know of how to fix it?

When did your mate buy the xbox? If the xbox was brought within a years date say he brought the xbox in 20th Feb 2010 you'll still be able to swap it at where he brought it. If not you should have a three years waranty just DONT open the xbox up untill you find out when he brought it?

The kit will fix it temporarily but will bust it permanently. You will need to send it off to Germany. Best ring up xbox or look on their website.

Oh bugger. Might just fix it temporarily to sell it and get a PS3 then cause all the other website are saying about $150 dollars if I send it off.

Oh bugger. Might just fix it temporarily to sell it and get a PS3 then cause all the other website are saying about $150 dollars if I send it off.

There is a 3 year warrenty for red rings so you could try that, if not i think it is £50 to get it fixed via sending it off to xbox factory in Luxembourg.

Yessss! Literally got mine back from Frankfurt today. Had 3 red rings but I believe the warranty is extended for any with this problem.

If you go on the xbox website and fill in the details from the back of the console it will tell you if its still in warranty. Good luck!

Archived