Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Random Burglar

help!

Good Evening,

I seem to have misplaced an excel document, I definately have not deleted it as its very important!

If I search for it then only the shortcuts appear and when opened they say that the file has been moved or changed? It was originally just in My Documents.

Is anybody aware of how I might find it?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

If you open Excel and look under 'recent documents' does that find it?

You didn't accidentally save it to a memory stick by any chance, did you?

Check your recycle bin?

Just some thoughts... :dunno:

Typical woman help there,

I'm not 100% what you are going on about but try these following steps...

1. Click Open.

2. In the folder list, locate and double-click the folder where recovered files are stored.

3. Next, in the box that is titled "Files of Type," click "All Files." Click the name of the file you want to recover, and then click "Open."

4 .Next, save the file by clicking Save on the standard toolbar. Type in the name of the existing file. You will be asked if you want to replace the existing file. Answer "Yes".

If you have exited the document accidently, e.g. power failure, then it should be recoverable, try to locate your recovery files for excel, should be in your program files, microsoft office, excel etc.

Archived