Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
skinnydipper

The King of Limbs

Mentioned in the "2011 in Music" thread.thumbsup.gif

Downloaded the album myself earlier today and will give it a listen on the way down to Northampton.

Only downside (at first sight) is the meagre 8 songs. They better be good.

Also, can't believe "In Rainbows" is already 3 1/2 years old... How time flies by...

Mentioned in the "2011 in Music" thread.thumbsup.gif

Downloaded the album myself earlier today and will give it a listen on the way down to Northampton.

Only downside (at first sight) is the meagre 8 songs. They better be good.

Also, can't believe "In Rainbows" is already 3 1/2 years old... How time flies by...

Oh right, didn't see that :thumbup:

I'm liking it on first listen but I'm a fan of their stuff anyway

Can't transfer the WAV file to i-tunes though :angry:

I like the new album, even though I'm still a bit disappointed they didn't include more songs.

The review in the Guardian today though disappointed me even more.

Yeah, Radiohead are great, but I don't approach every new album and expect a shift of galaxies or an immediate jizz in my pants.

It was tough enough having to swallow "Kid A" when it came out - I don't want and I don't need Radiohead to re-define the music genre every couple of years.

As long as they play good, audible music. That's all I'm looking for. And "King Of Limbs" is a very well-crafted album in that regard.

Soothing, dream-like, catchy.

Opens up after a few goes through. Not their best, but they've earned the right to multiple listens.

I actually think this is really pretty different, people seem so used to them shifting all over the place that this doesn't seem that much of a leap, but it really is. The percussion and bass in places is really pretty contempary. Stick 'Feral' on full blast and it seems bizarre that people in middle age can make something this fresh.

More than anything it sounds like Thom Yorke's 2005 solo album with the support of a whole band and deeper bass.

An album which is basically useless unless you have some good speakers. Which thankfully, I do.

Pretty true actually. Getting better the more I listen to it and anticipate whats coming. Bit too twisty to stick in the head straight away, so far only Lotus Flower and Feral lodged up there.

Have people seen the video and the 'Single Ladies' dancing thing? It's pretty amazing :D

Original Vid:

Single Ladies:

I always seem to be in a minority about Kid A. Think it's a great album.

How much is the new album by the way? Funds are tight.

That would be a pretty sizeable minority then mate. Consistently ranked as one of the best albums of the last decade.

New album is £6 d/l, with a CD to come in March. Can always just find a mediafire or torrent thoguh.

I love it. Anyone wanting singalongs etc shouldn't bother listening, but its a fantastic piece of music that really rewards repeated listens.

That would be a pretty sizeable minority then mate. Consistently ranked as one of the best albums of the last decade.

New album is £6 d/l, with a CD to come in March. Can always just find a mediafire or torrent thoguh.

I love it. Anyone wanting singalongs etc shouldn't bother listening, but its a fantastic piece of music that really rewards repeated listens.

I was going to say, I thought I was in the minority by not being particularly delighted with it. I admire the change in direction - it worked superbly for them - but I can't help but enjoy the more guitar based tracks. That's not to say I don't think Kid A, The National Anthem, Everything in Its Right Place etc are bad songs at all, I genuinely enjoy them. .

I'll give this new one a chance anyway, I can reel off several of examples of albums you need to listen to a few times before you really begin to appreciate it.

Favourite Radiohead track anybody? Mine is somewhat of a more unconventional one in 15 Step...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone who orderd the king of limbs special edition newspaper album has a download waiting for them.

This contains Supercollider/The Butcher the two songs for the record storeday release.

You need to go to order tracking Here sign in and it'll be there waiting for you

Archived