Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CKB

Top Spin 4

Not the biggest tennis fan and haven't played a tennis game for years.. but downloaded the demo for this the other day and it's bloody good! i can see me getting this as i've been hooked on the demo

Anyone else getting it? if so and you have a 360 we should deffo get some live games in! Even tho i'm hardly bothering with live nowadays this would give me a reason

Top Spin is quality, better than FIFA in my opinion. Had 2 and 3 would still play 3 had it not been for the mysteriouos freezing whenever trying to access multiplayer (highly bizzare, also happens on AC:BH) will be all over this come March 18th!

I do enjoy Top Spin.

I'd really like to see a decent Tennis game which mirrored the ATP tour though. So you start playing Futures, progress to Challengers and then ultimately onto the main tour.

There is a game for the PC called Tennis Elbow 2011, has like 1000 players in the rankings, includes futures, challengers and ATP events. Absolutely awesome game.

I bought Top Spin 3 on the 360 about 2-3 years ago, I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as it could have been, Top Spin 4 looks way too similiar to Top Spin 3 to me, I doubt i'll get Top Spin 4 even though I love Tennis and Tennis games.

Not sure on the improvements, etc as like this is the first tennis game i've played for ages.. But i'm deffo getting it and Haydos you should download the demo, i reckon you will love it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding it very easy on normal so gonna move it on to hard

Exactly and i then put it into hard mode this is from the demo by the way and it was then tooooooooooo hard for me.. I hope they haven't messed up the difficulty settings in this game because that could be a killer for me.. Even though there's online to combat that but i'd like to play single player aswell

Exactly and i then put it into hard mode this is from the demo by the way and it was then tooooooooooo hard for me.. I hope they haven't messed up the difficulty settings in this game because that could be a killer for me.. Even though there's online to combat that but i'd like to play single player aswell

The only issue there is, if this game is anything like that last one, you'll need to make your character better in Career mode so you don't get pounded deep and hard online as your stats are low.

Three wins from three online for me - might quit while I'm ahead before it all goes wrong.

Its tough at the minute, mainly because the online system is so good at matching you up with someone around about your level and all the decent top spin 3 players are on their way up and around about the same one as me at the minute :rolleyes: Think I'm 41 W for 30 L at the minute but it was much higher than that.

Obviously as you've only played 3 games you'll be getting grade 0's and 1's half of them haven't even bothered to level their player up to 20, so it's going to be easy for at least 5-10 games.

Think I might stick to single player for a bit, wait until they God's are up to grade 20 before going back to quick matches!

Officially gonna give up on the online world tour mode on this. My record is W0 L9 and I've only actually played two games. Everytime it goes to pair me up with someone it freezes on the "please wait" screen. Left it for 15 minutes at one point to see if it would eventually load but no joy and next time I go on it says that I quit the game and have been awarded a defeat. Very annoying!

Got this yesterday. Played for a bit last night but didn't have a whole lot of time. Like the gameplay, but in career mode, can you change the length of the games? In the matches I played so far (admittedly they are entry level junior events) all matches are "super tie breaks".

Got this yesterday. Played for a bit last night but didn't have a whole lot of time. Like the gameplay, but in career mode, can you change the length of the games? In the matches I played so far (admittedly they are entry level junior events) all matches are "super tie breaks".

That is a bit crap and I don't think you can.

Masters events are all one setters as well and it grandslams it's two sets, if 1-1 at the end decided by a super tie break.

In RE to it freezing online, I have had that but not all that often, if you stick it out you do normally find a game within 5 minutes. If you are the last one to quit you wont get the loss although if you have not won a game you may as well quit out I suppose as you will grade 0 anyway.

Archived