Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CKB

Top Spin 4

That is a bit crap and I don't think you can.

Masters events are all one setters as well and it grandslams it's two sets, if 1-1 at the end decided by a super tie break.

In RE to it freezing online, I have had that but not all that often, if you stick it out you do normally find a game within 5 minutes. If you are the last one to quit you wont get the loss although if you have not won a game you may as well quit out I suppose as you will grade 0 anyway.

I just found out you can change the length of games, but only at the start of your career. Default is Super Tie Break for "lesser" events, 1 set for bigger events and 3 sets for grand slam. But you can set these options for all tournaments at the start, i.e .all 1 set or all 3 sets.

I just found out you can change the length of games, but only at the start of your career. Default is Super Tie Break for "lesser" events, 1 set for bigger events and 3 sets for grand slam. But you can set these options for all tournaments at the start, i.e .all 1 set or all 3 sets.

Bit late to change it now for me I think lol.

Grand Slam win online last night :ph34r: 3-0 3-0 in the final to boot, god knows how he got himself through to the final he was dire.

Good game. Takes a while to get into the controls for each type of shot, but once you get the hang of it, it's tremendous fun.

I wish they would've included more actual tennis players to choose from, especially on the women's side.

Building up your own Virtual Pro is highly addictive, too. Only thing is that you get to choose from too many different coaches too quickly.

But I must say that Normal Difficulty's a bit too easy for my liking.

Occasionally, you get to face a CPU-controlled opponent out of the Top Ten who can give you a good game, but mostly, I win 3-0 on Default Settings.

I've just had the first Grand Slam Tournaments opening for me, so I'm looking forward to some proper 6-set games.

And can I say that I hate the Singapore Tournament? Way too dark to play on.

Haven't managed to win a Grand Slam tournament yet. All is fine up until the Semi-Finals, then I get to face either Nadal or Djokovic.

The difference/jump in difficulty from one round to the other is not really fair, to be honest.

The latter player is really frustrating me at the minute. I play on Normal, but I don't stand a single chance against the tall Serb.

Any tips as to how to beat the guy?

Im still yet to win a major tournament. Always seem to make the final (including managing an epic victory over Nadal in one game), but no matter who I get, I always seem to lose in straight sets.

And there we go - put my player up to level 20 and suddenly the guys a world beater and won his next two tournaments without breaking a sweat!

Tried one of the tournaments where you have to play three sets and 5 matches but by the time I'd gotten to the semi final I was bored of it. From small quick games and beating people in five minutes to about 15 minutes per round.

Whats the score with that achievement then, I've completed well over 20 objectives during the sparring partner training games and still hasn't popped up, and the big servers online can get fucked.

Ah, 20 in World Tour and 20 in Career, why didn't it say that. :rolleyes:

Whats the score with that achievement then, I've completed well over 20 objectives during the sparring partner training games and still hasn't popped up, and the big servers online can get fucked.

Ah, 20 in World Tour and 20 in Career, why didn't it say that. :rolleyes:

Think it's either or isn't it?

Is online the same as Top Spin 3? Everyone max out the power attribute and smash you off the court? Still undecided whether to buy it, is it that much better than 3?

Nah the allocation of stats works differently, all players on whole are more balanced.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got this last weekend. i really like it. its the first tennis game ive played really so its not as easy.for me as some of you lot are making out. career mode is good although i wish i'd of known you could change match lengths before i started!

Definately a strong 8/10 so far.

Archived