Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Saladin

Pro Evo to FIFA :(

I've been an avid Pro Evo fan for many years but seeing how everyone around me is banging on about FIFA 2011, I've decided to at least rent it to and give it a bash. Don't get me wrong, i love PES2011 but sometimes i just find it frustrating with stupid bugs that are in the game.

Anyone else taken the plunge from Pro Evo 2011 to FIFA 2011, how'd you find it?

People still play pro evo?? Dont get me wrong, I was an proper avid follower back in the ps2 days but it went REALLY down hill in 2008/2009 and never picked itself up since. Fifa 09/10/11 have all been the far better counter part. Still, I always play with new alternative buttons. Pro evo is terrible though, played the demo of the latest one and it was shocking how outdated it felt.

People always bang on about how much better PES gameplay is but I never see if, I have always been a die hard Fifa fan and think I always will be, maybe I am influenced by the little silly things like gfx and kits etc. but I have just always preferred Fifa. Not played PES since PES 6.

The only thing you will be disappointed with with Fifa (if you play online) is the some of the online bugs, most of them come in online clubs but I think most of them have either been sorted or are in the pipeline to be sorted soon, but this is EA..nothing ever happens immediately!

FIFA and PES are both shite now. None of them have the fun factor they used to have. They need to sacrifice some realism and make them more arcadey or whatever the word is. The games are realistic now but they're dull and every goal feels the same, on the old games you could score from all over the place, not very realistic but loads better.

I think fifa is a quality game. People say you used to be able to score from anywhere. Don't know if im missing something but ive scored all sorts of goals from every angle and all sorts of distances

FIFA and PES are both shite now. None of them have the fun factor they used to have. They need to sacrifice some realism and make them more arcadey or whatever the word is. The games are realistic now but they're dull and every goal feels the same, on the old games you could score from all over the place, not very realistic but loads better.

Play on manual settings you woman!

Agreed, they use to be top games to play when the lads came round for a few drinks but now it feels like your trying to play Football Manager when setting a game up. Not good when your 'avin a few cans and just wanna play a bit of footy and smash some goals in.

Agreed, they use to be top games to play when the lads came round for a few drinks but now it feels like your trying to play Football Manager when setting a game up. Not good when your 'avin a few cans and just wanna play a bit of footy and smash some goals in.

That is exactly it! I don't play football games on my tod anymore, I play them with mates and having these same old slow, dull games everytime soon gets boring.

Me and my mates still play PES6, we update the teams, kits and boots because we're right saddos. It's well good.

That is exactly it! I don't play football games on my tod anymore, I play them with mates and having these same old slow, dull games everytime soon gets boring.

Me and my mates still play PES6, we update the teams, kits and boots because we're right saddos. It's well good.

If you want a quicker game try NHL 11, it's really good fun when you get the hang of it.

I've been an avid Pro Evo fan for many years but seeing how everyone around me is banging on about FIFA 2011, I've decided to at least rent it to and give it a bash. Don't get me wrong, i love PES2011 but sometimes i just find it frustrating with stupid bugs that are in the game.

I switched from PES2010 to FIFA 2011 and never looked back, and I've been playing every single version of PES since ISS 1 on the PS1.

Agree though, it needs to be simpler now, takes about 10 mins just to get into a game, PES 5/6 were about the peak for me,

Ha! I knew your boner for Pro Evo wouldn't last!

Welcome to the Fifa family!

I got FIFA yesterday and played it for a couple of hours, so a bit early to say too much.

My initial thinking was that wow, it look really 'pretty' and obviously has all the official licenses etc, then i got down to the game play, which isn't too bad either, except for one thing, the passing.

In PES2011, it has manual passing which i love when executed correctly but in FIFA the passing just seems slow, sometimes when i want to ping a pass fast pass along the ground, i can't, even when i have the power gauge to maximum. Am i doing something wrong? I've also set the game play speed to 'Fast'

Also, how do you download the latest data package for latest squads etc?

PES just has the edge at the moment, in terms of game play solely.

I got FIFA yesterday and played it for a couple of hours, so a bit early to say too much.

My initial thinking was that wow, it look really 'pretty' and obviously has all the official licenses etc, then i got down to the game play, which isn't too bad either, except for one thing, the passing.

In PES2011, it has manual passing which i love when executed correctly but in FIFA the passing just seems slow, sometimes when i want to ping a pass fast pass along the ground, i can't, even when i have the power gauge to maximum. Am i doing something wrong? I've also set the game play speed to 'Fast'

Are you talking about short or long?

You can hit a low driven pass using the rb/r1 button which is good for switching play quickly or putting an early ball into your strikers feet. Dunno if that helps.

Are you talking about short or long?

You can hit a low driven pass using the rb/r1 button which is good for switching play quickly or putting an early ball into your strikers feet. Dunno if that helps.

Both really but mainly short.

Originally I thought Fifa was terrible because it was too slow. But once you keep at it, it will become natural to you and youll accept the gameplay.

You can turn off assisted passing and other options to make the game ultra realistic, but I dont think this works online.And I think to download the latest sqauds you can go to My Fifa 11 or if you ever play online it usually asks you to do it before you play.

My only problem with FIFA is the lack of Asian and African International teams... I mean if theres no Ghana, how am I going to get my revenge over you!!! Plus to play online as North Korea would be great lol

Both really but mainly short.

Not really sure then, I find the short passing fine really. it's on semi-automatic but I don't think that really affects the pace of it. Not sure what Pro Evo passing's like, more arcadey, just tap tap tapping? I prefer the more realistic fifa controls. I play on all manual controls apart from shooting and passing on semi. Gives you much more freedom with through balls, crosses, long passes and shots. So much more satisfying as well. Some of my mates insist on playing on fully auto when we play each other online and it just feels like fifa 10 years ago, it practically does it for you, you just hit pass and through ball over and over, barely any skill involved at all.

I switched to FIFA from Pro Evo when FIFA 08 came round, remember coming on here saying how Pro Evo was declining and FIFA was getting better only for Uncle Albert to have a right shit fit at me. Bet he doesn't play PES anymore.

Has to be said though, that from PES 3-6 Konami embarrased EA.

Not really sure then, I find the short passing fine really. it's on semi-automatic but I don't think that really affects the pace of it. Not sure what Pro Evo passing's like, more arcadey, just tap tap tapping? I prefer the more realistic fifa controls. I play on all manual controls apart from shooting and passing on semi. Gives you much more freedom with through balls, crosses, long passes and shots. So much more satisfying as well. Some of my mates insist on playing on fully auto when we play each other online and it just feels like fifa 10 years ago, it practically does it for you, you just hit pass and through ball over and over, barely any skill involved at all.

You should seriously play PES2011, its all manual passing, you need to set the direction and power to get the weight of the pass right, seriously feels good when you pull of an flowing move.

I find when you score a goal in PES2011, it just feels more satisfying, not sure why that is. Don't get me wrong, both games are good in they're own way but i still think at the moment, from a purists perspective, Pro still has the edge in terms of game play solely, for me anyway.

You should seriously play PES2011, its all manual passing, you need to set the direction and power to get the weight of the pass right, seriously feels good when you pull of an flowing move.

I find when you score a goal in PES2011, it just feels more satisfying, not sure why that is. Don't get me wrong, both games are good in they're own way but i still think at the moment, from a purists perspective, Pro still has the edge in terms of game play solely, for me anyway.

Never had the chance to play any of the new ones, everyone had fifa :P

I'm open to change but I can never see myself being converted! NEVER!

Fifa 11 has manual passing though. The PES demo was seriously horrible and not just that, the game doesnt really have anything good going for it. Online must be empty/shit I assume, and there is no pro clubs, or ultimate team which give a good change to the game

Archived