Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SOCCERROO FOX

Going to the movies on your own

53 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been to the movies on your own?

Never done it cause I never fancied it :S Nowt wrong with it. And the whole going to the cinema with people thing is overrated anyway. And on a first date? WRONG!

Unless you have some ridiculous power and have been able to charm her pants off in the queue for tickets then I can think of nothing worse to do on a first date. Pretty much sit in silence for 2 hours. Fair enough with your missus, heavy petting and all that but not on a date.

Never done it cause I never fancied it :S Nowt wrong with it. And the whole going to the cinema with people thing is overrated anyway. And on a first date? WRONG!

Unless you have some ridiculous power and have been able to charm her pants off in the queue for tickets then I can think of nothing worse to do on a first date. Pretty much sit in silence for 2 hours. Fair enough with your missus, heavy petting and all that but not on a date.

Yeah never understood that myself either. The idea of a first date is to get to know the girl and 90 minutes of silience isn't going to help you with that

Embarrassed? Take a notepad and a pen, sit them on your lap and if anyone asks claim to be a journo. :thumbup:

When my mate orders too much food at a take away place he will order a 2nd drink so people think there is a 2nd person he is taking the food home too.

When my mate orders too much food at a take away place he will order a 2nd drink so people think there is a 2nd person he is taking the food home too.

Just ask for extra napkins, no extra cost :thumbup:

No mainly because I'd like someone to walk up to the cinema and back as you have someone to talk about it with then but if i lived near a cinema or had a car and there was a film i wanted to watch that someone didnt then I wouldnt see the problem. Like someone mentioned, your only going to sit in the dark in silence anyway

I might have been bothered by it when I was younger but I've reached the age where you stop worrying about things like that. It's about the same age when you start cheerily buying clothes from supermarkets and whatnot. It's quite liberating, really.

My brother went to see the Prince monstrosity, 'Purple Rain', and not only was he on his own, there wasn't a single other person in there watching it. A friend had a similar experience when he went to see the Pet Shop Boys film. Neither are a massive surprise really, are they?

Done it once. After five minutes, I sort switched off that 'what does these people think of me' feeling.

I get the feeling I will be watching Submarine on my tod next week, to be fair it will suit me as at the minute, I have started work dead early between 4 and 7 and finishing between 12 and 3. I honestly feel like I get more 'stuff' done and don't feel as tired because I pretty much know I have to go sleep by 9 (by the third day on the trot, you feel naturally tired anyway).

Done it once. After five minutes, I sort switched off that 'what does these people think of me' feeling.

I get the feeling I will be watching Submarine on my tod next week, to be fair it will suit me as at the minute, I have started work dead early between 4 and 7 and finishing between 12 and 3. I honestly feel like I get more 'stuff' done and don't feel as tired because I pretty much know I have to go sleep by 9 (by the third day on the trot, you feel naturally tired anyway).

jesus thats some weird hours, what job do you do? i work shifts but nowt like that thank god (not a morning person)

jesus thats some weird hours, what job do you do? i work shifts but nowt like that thank god (not a morning person)

It's a normal 9 to 5 job but due to something we're doing at the minute, we need the buildings to be completely empty and in pitch black.

I'd explain more but I can't really. And it's nothing exciting.

my mate used to work in an odeon and gave me free tickets, at one point i'd seen every film they were showing (6) on my own - but for the last one he had sold a ticket to nasty nick cotton and reserved me the seat next to him, so i didn't feel i was on my own that time.

Me and wifey were going to see Goldeneye on it's day of release but we ended up having a barney before we left the house. She said she wasn't going to go, expecting me not to go either. I went anyway but that is the only time I've been to the cinema on my own. I would do it again though if I wanted to see something that my wife didn't.

I went to a singles night on my own once as well.

Archived